Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Sabaskong Bay Cabbage

Message Subject: Sabaskong Bay Cabbage
jvlast15
Posted 11/6/2017 1:31 PM (#883539)
Subject: Sabaskong Bay Cabbage

I tried a search but I am coming up short.

My father and I have had an awful time locating any cabbage beds on Sab Bay in our couple of trips there. Are they there? The only real vegetation we can find are these pencil-like weeds located pretty much in any sand beach area. Have the rusty crayfish eliminated them all?
Asandir
Posted 11/6/2017 2:45 PM (#883556 - in reply to #883539)
Subject: RE: Sabaskong Bay Cabbage

For the most part the cabbage is gone. There are still spots where some will show up but that seems to vary as well from year to year.

There is other weeds in the bays, grass seems to be coming up in place of the cabbage, lilly pads are holding fish as well. There are other weeds as well but don't know the names. The sloppy bays are still sloppy, sandy bays have other types of weeds that still hold fish and some of the saddles and rocks have become barren but still hold fish, but just not as predictable as they have been in the past.
Dan Klis
Posted 11/9/2017 1:55 PM (#883900 - in reply to #883539)
Subject: RE: Sabaskong Bay Cabbage

Rusty crayfish have taken out most of the weeds. Definitely not a good thing for LOTW
sledman5
Posted 11/9/2017 4:16 PM (#883921 - in reply to #883539)
Subject: Re: Sabaskong Bay Cabbage

Like others have said, the rusty crayfish have really seem to have decimated the cabbage in the lake. Some really great spots a few years ago with cabbage aren't even worth fishing anymore...
jvlast15
Posted 11/10/2017 9:43 AM (#883969 - in reply to #883921)
Subject: Re: Sabaskong Bay Cabbage

Well that is unfortunate that the cabbage is gone. Our first time up there we thought we were just really bad at locating cabbage, but we started to realize that there just was not cabbage there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)