Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> StructureScan 3D demo files?

Reply New post
Message Subject: StructureScan 3D demo files?
tcbetka
Posted 10/20/2017 8:21 PM (#881937)
Subject: StructureScan 3D demo files?

Hey all,

I just bought a Lowrance Carbon 12 with StructureScan 3D, and was hoping someone might have a "real world" sample file(s) they could share. I have been playing around with the the one demo file that comes with the unit, but it's pretty boring after a while. So does anyone have a sample file they've generated while out learning their unit or something like that, and wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks.

TB
Muskie Gal
Posted 10/22/2017 11:23 AM (#882053 - in reply to #881937)
Subject: Re: StructureScan 3D demo files?

Why you choose lowrance over humminbird?
tcbetka
Posted 10/22/2017 11:36 AM (#882055 - in reply to #882053)
Subject: Re: StructureScan 3D demo files?

So I take it that I won't be getting a Lowrance 3D file from you then? LOL...

Seriously, it's because I prefer their products. Nothing at all wrong with Humminbird, and I might even own a SI unit of theirs one day, but I like the system integration that Lowrance brings to the table. I have some experience as an embedded systems programmer, and I've studied both product lines in some detail--and I prefer Lowrance. I use the same C/C++ development framework that Navico uses for developing their software, so the fit & finish of their product is very familiar to me. I've also been using Lowrance stuff for well over a decade, so it's become second nature to use their user interface.

That said, I think the images I've seen of the MEGA sonar are incredible so I can see myself possibly being interested in one of their units at some point. The other thing I'm interested in is the beam coverage of their side imaging sonar, compared to that of Lowrance. I'd like to get as close to the water surface as possible, and if the 'bird stuff will do that much better than the Lowrance sonar, then I will consider adding a Humminbird unit to my boat if I feel I need to. But for now the Lowrance gear works better for what I plan to do.

TB
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)