Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Fluctuating Water temp musky locations

Message Subject: Fluctuating Water temp musky locations
dirtybryan007
Posted 10/12/2017 8:14 AM (#881020)
Subject: Fluctuating Water temp musky locations

Hi all!

I am going on a Musky trip soon after not being able to fish for a few years. I have been marking locations on a contour map of the lake that I believe will be holding musky, but have a question on where they might be according to the water temps which have been strange.

The fall cold nights started and water temps plummeted down to the 50's, but last week it was unusually hot and shot the water temps back up to around 65. Now the temps are cooling off and the water is dropping once again. I expect the temps to be around 60 when I fish. Where would be the good spots to fish during this time?

Currently I'm looking at shallow humps that drop off into deep water, stump field in about 10 feet of water, and weed beds with inside turns. Are there any other recommendations of where?

Also with the fluctuation of water temps would big rubbers(get your mind out of the gutter) be the best approach?

Thanks!
14ledo81
Posted 10/12/2017 8:54 AM (#881034 - in reply to #881020)
Subject: RE: Fluctuating Water temp musky locations

dirtybryan007 - 10/12/2017 8:14 AM

Hi all!

I am going on a Musky trip soon after not being able to fish for a few years. I have been marking locations on a contour map of the lake that I believe will be holding musky, but have a question on where they might be according to the water temps which have been strange.

The fall cold nights started and water temps plummeted down to the 50's, but last week it was unusually hot and shot the water temps back up to around 65. Now the temps are cooling off and the water is dropping once again. I expect the temps to be around 60 when I fish. Where would be the good spots to fish during this time?

Currently I'm looking at shallow humps that drop off into deep water, stump field in about 10 feet of water, and weed beds with inside turns. Are there any other recommendations of where?

Also with the fluctuation of water temps would big rubbers(get your mind out of the gutter) be the best approach?

Thanks!

What type of lake are you fising? Deep and clear? Shallow/stained?
dirtybryan007
Posted 10/12/2017 9:09 AM (#881039 - in reply to #881034)

The lake is a flowage that is around 30 feet deep and stained. There are Perch, Bluegill, Crappie, and Sunfish for the bait fish aswell.
14ledo81
Posted 10/12/2017 9:28 AM (#881042 - in reply to #881039)

dirtybryan007 - 10/12/2017 9:09 AM

The lake is a flowage that is around 30 feet deep and stained. There are Perch, Bluegill, Crappie, and Sunfish for the bait fish aswell.

I would start just off of a break line from 5-6' or so breaking to deeper water. Would have a sucker down under the boat while I casted shallower.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)