Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Minaki anyone?

Message Subject: Minaki anyone?
lunkerhunter204
Posted 9/19/2017 8:14 AM (#878429)
Subject: Minaki anyone?

Hey everyone? Anybody have reports on Minaki? New to Muskie fishing! Hoping for some tips in that area this time of year. The people I go with are also new so we don't have anyone to show us the way lol. Slowly getting better on our own tho, however if anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it!
Mudpuppy
Posted 9/19/2017 7:28 PM (#878510 - in reply to #878429)
Subject: RE: Minaki anyone?

Stay shallow on rocks.....sooner or later

Mudpuppy
lunkerhunter204
Posted 9/20/2017 8:04 AM (#878537 - in reply to #878429)
Subject: Re: Minaki anyone?

We've been casting shallow rocks for the better part of summer and have had some good days and some just awful days (that's fishing though right?!) What water temp do you think we should be starting to troll deeper water?
nar160
Posted 9/21/2017 12:43 PM (#878713 - in reply to #878429)

I was up Sept 2-10. A prolonged cold front came through on day 2 and it was fairly tough fishing, but I managed to grind out 5. 3/5 were deep: 25+ ft down over 30-40 ft of water. The other two were up shallow. I also saw a few other fish up on shallow rocks and did lose a couple. A couple years ago I was up in late September and had a similar experience, although that time the deeper fish I found suspended 25 ft down over 40-60 ft near huge schools of bait.

IMO, don't take anything out of the picture. Shallow rocks are probably good, but if you're not moving anything, heading out deep near big reefs or points might be worth a shot. Even big sandy weedy bays - I didn't have much luck this year, but on my previous trip in late Sept I saw a couple big ones in the same bays I fish during the summer.
lunkerhunter204
Posted 9/21/2017 9:20 PM (#878806 - in reply to #878713)

Great thanks for the tips!
Hopefully I can post in a couple weeks with some good news
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)