Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Green Bay Tips for October

Message Subject: Green Bay Tips for October
dbach17
Posted 9/14/2017 8:41 AM (#877907)
Subject: Green Bay Tips for October

I just had my first experience out on Green Bay the past weekend. We went out with a reputable guide service, but unfortunately could not get one to bite. The part I was disappointed in wasn't so much the fishing, as I'm very accustomed to not catching anything, but the fact I was told the guy who runs the service does not want waypoints shared. So I know the one spot we fished pretty well, but I'm not sure if that is going to hold fish when I hope to head back in early October.

Would anyone be willing to share some seasonal pattern information? I'm not asking for coordinates or anything (though certainly wouldn't complain), but I'd love to know if anyone has tips on depths to target or baits that have worked effectively. I tried to prod our guide for information, only to get minimal help like "we troll break lines." He did mention that they tend to move south towards Green Bay at that time. Has that been anyone else's experience? Has anyone found a casting bite as fall gets in to full swing up there? While I'll do whatever to catch fish, I still prefer to cast for them if I can.
gruney
Posted 9/15/2017 7:26 AM (#878025 - in reply to #877907)
Subject: RE: Green Bay Tips for October

260 views, 0 responses. Typical for the Bay. Tight lips around there. If you search deep into a Google search you can find a few articles here and there. A few YouTube videos can offer subtle hints as well. Good luck
muskymartin67
Posted 9/15/2017 12:00 PM (#878062 - in reply to #877907)
Subject: RE: Green Bay Tips for October

Don't think too many guides share way points especially on a highly pressured system if that was the case they would quickly run out of spots to fish. Back around 10-12 years ago I remember seeing More than a 100 boats litteraly stacked on top of each other fishing an area of maybe a 1/2 square mile, planer boards were bouncing off one another and lures getting tangled off other boats haven't seen it quite as bad in recent years but everyone is pretty much keeping info to themselves about GB nowadays
FEVER
Posted 9/15/2017 12:59 PM (#878071 - in reply to #877907)
Subject: Re: Green Bay Tips for October

A few things I found while searching Green Bay for a future trip that never happened. Green Bay, MUSKY Sept. thru Nov. Trolling in 6-9 feet, first break, find weeds and bait, 3.0 mph, jointed Loke’s, Wiley’s, Bucktails, Shallow Invaders. Down Rod 1, 4ft. down, 12ft. out, Down Rod 2, 6ft. down 16ft. out. Board Rod, Shallow Invader 20ft. behind board. Best to go out in a West Wind for community spots. 15 mph from the north and it gets pretty bad. In Green Bay I never caught a musky going over 3.3 or so, mostly 2.8-3 mph. Best peak musky periods are the first couple weeks of the season and August, September. Going to fish out of Oconto or Suamico. Country Inn right in Suamico. There are also a couple of decent restaurants within walking distance of the motel.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)