Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you will pee off his wife for a lifetime"
- (Added by: joemsanderson)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Rod Building

Message Subject: Rod Building
stdevos
Posted 9/7/2017 9:25 AM (#876877)
Subject: Rod Building

Any rod builders out there? I'm looking into repairing a few rod guides and figured I could get some good tools and build my own rods down the road. Wondering if anybody is building their own rods and had any tips to get started, figured the basement baits forum would be the right place to ask. My main questions are - where to shop for musky sized components? Is there a good starter kit out there? Been searching the web and obviously, prices vary wildly. I'd be fine with amateur quality equipment but don't want to waste money on junk.
Landonfish
Posted 9/7/2017 10:42 AM (#876903 - in reply to #876877)
Subject: Re: Rod Building

Www.mudhole.com
musky513
Posted 9/7/2017 10:52 AM (#876906 - in reply to #876877)
Subject: RE: Rod Building

X2 on mudhole. They have a ton of supplies and tools to get you going in the right direction. Be careful though, it's almost as slippery of a slope as musky hunting and can be just as expensive!
stdevos
Posted 9/7/2017 11:41 AM (#876920 - in reply to #876877)
Subject: Re: Rod Building

Mudhole is where I've been bookmarking things, thanks for the vote of confidence in the site!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)