Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Terrova Foot Pedal Repair

Reply New post
Message Subject: Terrova Foot Pedal Repair
curleytail
Posted 8/20/2017 8:34 PM (#874985)
Subject: Terrova Foot Pedal Repair

I pulled a bonehead maneuver while vertical jigging crappies and wrapped my line around the prop. In my haste to quickly turn the speed dial to 0 I either stomped on it or turned the dial past 0.

Now on setting 0 the motor won't shut off. It's probably running at about 30 percent. If I turn it all the way up it goes faster until it shuts off at somewhere between about 8 and 10 or so. Not sure if I broke something or jumped a gear or what happened.

I took the cover off the pedal but after that it isn't too obvious to see how to access the dial to see what might be going on there.

Anybody have something like this happen and know the fix? Or do any service centers work on the foot pedals?
danlaboucane
Posted 8/21/2017 8:02 AM (#875007 - in reply to #874985)
Subject: Re: Terrova Foot Pedal Repair

i did !now the speed dial can go beyond 10 ! i just like reset it ,turn the speed down with the remote and turn the dal forward or back to 0 until it is not turning. the dial can go past 10 now but you feel a detent and its that way i get it back to normal . i gave it to a sevice center at first and it came back the same after a summer waiting for it ! so i won't go there anymore and can live with it now.
curleytail
Posted 8/21/2017 8:31 PM (#875123 - in reply to #874985)

Thanks to an email from a friend on here I dug into it more. There are 4 tabs that need to get pushed out of the way to pop the cover off.

Once that was done there's a blue rgeostat that had been moved from it's holder. Replaced the rheostat in its slot and replaced the speed wheel and everything works as it should again.
danlaboucane
Posted 8/22/2017 6:28 AM (#875150 - in reply to #874985)

i might look into that ! thanks
wisriverrat
Posted 8/22/2017 7:16 PM (#875233 - in reply to #874985)

call Chuck at Sportsman repair Mosinee 715-693-6634
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)