Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Trolling Motor Prop and Nut Question

Reply New post
Message Subject: Trolling Motor Prop and Nut Question
dbach17
Posted 8/9/2017 2:39 PM (#873734)
Subject: Trolling Motor Prop and Nut Question

I have an Xi5 with the double blade "weedless" prop that came with it and it's got enough dings in it now that I'm ready to change it out.

Has anyone used the 3 bladed prop? I'm curious if there's an appreciable performance difference or if there are any reasons not to change to it.

I'm also considering getting a G-Force prop nut and wondered if anyone has some feedback on using one.
R code
Posted 8/9/2017 2:42 PM (#873735 - in reply to #873734)
Subject: Re: Trolling Motor Prop and Nut Question

Double blade works better in weeds but it's louder. A 3 blade prop would be quitter and better for open water. I have no experience with the prop nut your referring to.
Fishysam
Posted 8/9/2017 6:13 PM (#873772 - in reply to #873734)

Prop nut can be good or epic fail. Good is my dinged up prop runs quieter than when it was new. Bad thing is if you break the "sheer" pin in a minnkota tm your kinda sol at getting things apart. Not sure if mg trolling motors have a pin in them or something else. It is hard to spend 45$ for a heavy aluminum nut, should be 10$

Edited by Fishysam 8/9/2017 8:32 PM
BBT
Posted 8/10/2017 9:29 AM (#873834 - in reply to #873734)

I run the nut G-force nut and have for several years. It was a concern of mine to shear the pin but after breaking props and filing them down to the point of no return I'm not sure what it'd take to shear a pin with these new style props. The main reasons I like them are; 1. Easy to take off and change out if I break one on the water. 2. Its easy to remove if I run over someone else's line (or my own)
I'm not sure they do much else, they claim to improve battery life and make quieter?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)