Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Toro Beast Drag

Message Subject: Toro Beast Drag
Blake
Posted 7/21/2017 12:10 PM (#871002)
Subject: Toro Beast Drag

I recently disassembled my Toro Beast after it went for a little swim to make sure everything was dried out well. When I reassembly the reel I get a low constant drag force as if the drag washers are not being compressed as you tighten the drag. Disassembled and reassembled 2 more times with the same issue. I checked orientation of everything that came out and the schematic. I cannot find what would be causing this issue.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so were you able to figure out the cause? I could send it in but would prefer to fix it myself due to the time of year.

Appreciate any help.
25homes
Posted 7/21/2017 1:37 PM (#871016 - in reply to #871002)
Subject: Re: Toro Beast Drag

I havent had this issue but just curious sure you did but did you oil everything real good when you put it back together?? Did you change any brake settings at all while inside the reel?
Jacko
Posted 7/21/2017 1:43 PM (#871019 - in reply to #871002)
Subject: RE: Toro Beast Drag

Had the same thing happen. Took two apart and had the exact thing you described with them. I was very diligent about re-assembly and the drag essentially had no to minimal resistance from what you would expect. Ending up sending them in to abu and they sent met new reels since they were pretty much brand new. Makes me a little nervous to take them apart to clean them.
Triplethreat
Posted 7/21/2017 2:54 PM (#871037 - in reply to #871002)

i just did the same thing. turns out i got grease in the drag. i took it apart, de-greased the drag washers and its back to normal
Blake
Posted 7/21/2017 4:51 PM (#871056 - in reply to #871002)

Everything that should be oiled is and the drag washers appear to be free of any oil. Never had an issue like this before. Maybe I'll take the drag washers out again and triple check them.
River2Stream
Posted 7/21/2017 5:50 PM (#871060 - in reply to #871056)

Abu's are notorious for this ... When I disassemble and oil them it always has this problem until I actually fish with it or at least get it wet for a few casts then it always returns to normal. It seems like abus run better a little gritty anyway lol.
sworrall
Posted 7/21/2017 10:57 PM (#871086 - in reply to #871002)

Make sure you have the washers in there correctly.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)