Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Your crazy man! Why are you buying so freakin big of baits? There's no sharks around here!
- (Added by: musky12)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Jerk bait woes

Message Subject: Jerk bait woes
Mace
Posted 7/20/2017 1:12 PM (#870880)
Subject: Jerk bait woes

I have been making maple jerkbaits for a while and have ran into an issue that I was hoping to get some help with. I added a precoat of epoxy to the base wood layer because someone told me that it made a smoother laying for painting. It does. But then I paint and do the normal 3 layers of epoxy. Baits seem to be a good bit quicker on the drop. Do you think one extra layer of epoxy can make that much difference? Should I do one precoat then drop back to two finish coats or just do all 3 coats at the end? Or just adjust the belly weights? Just trying to save myself some steps since I'm sure you guys have already addressed this. Thanks.
5th lake Brad
Posted 7/20/2017 5:21 PM (#870912 - in reply to #870880)
Subject: Re: Jerk bait woes

Put in less weight.
rougarou
Posted 7/21/2017 4:24 AM (#870951 - in reply to #870880)
Subject: Re: Jerk bait woes

check weight before and after doing both ways sometimes the raw wood weighes differant due to density
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)