Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Tranx drag

Message Subject: Tranx drag
Dave P
Posted 7/19/2017 1:30 PM (#870752)
Subject: Tranx drag

I'm thinking about getting a new reel this year. One of the reels I"m considering is the Tranx 301a. I think this would be a very versatile reel to use for light muskie fishing and steelhead/salmon. Also catfish and other species.
What I would like to know is why is there a difference in the drag? the A handle having 22lbs and the B handle 18lbs. I don't see this difference in the specs on other make reels. Thanks in advance.
Dave P
Dave P
Posted 7/22/2017 5:41 PM (#871142 - in reply to #870752)
Subject: Re: Tranx drag

ttt
River2Stream
Posted 7/22/2017 5:46 PM (#871143 - in reply to #871142)

I can't personally speak about the Tranx 300 series but I recently acquired a 500 and I couldn't be happier. Shimano makes good products so I'd say go for it as long as you aren't throwing big blades and rubber all day. Good Luck !! Post a review once you fish with it a few times
Zinox
Posted 7/23/2017 5:15 AM (#871177 - in reply to #870752)

The drag depends on how large disks they are able to fit into the different gear ratios.
Even if the same drag size is used in different gear ratios, the true drag resistance would be lower in the high gear ratio, due to the gear ratios effect of the force equilibrium state.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)