Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've been trying to keep this catch on the down low" -guy at the bar in PI after passing around near poster size pictures of the fish we are keeping on the down low!
- (Added by: Pointerpride102)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Message Subject: Minnesota muskie tournament trail
T3clay
Posted 6/28/2017 3:36 AM (#866779)
Subject: Minnesota muskie tournament trail

Wish we had a MMTT i know its been brought up before but does anyone know of there is any hope for somthing in the future? I know that muskies inc has the MITT this year which is great but alot of those tournaments are singles and it would be nice to have the chance to fish a few team tournaments.

Thoughts?
happy hooker
Posted 6/28/2017 7:31 AM (#866789 - in reply to #866779)
Subject: RE: Minnesota muskie tournament trail

The former promoter is getting maried soon with a beautiful full family and enjoying time with them I think he's pretty content.

Edited by happy hooker 6/28/2017 7:43 AM
sworrall
Posted 6/29/2017 10:39 AM (#867044 - in reply to #866779)
Subject: Re: Minnesota muskie tournament trail

Paul and I tried that. Got absolutely blasted by the competitive muskie community, so we won't go there again.
Cloud7
Posted 6/29/2017 11:33 AM (#867049 - in reply to #866779)

Minnesota Muskies Inc. Chapters have started the Minnesota Muskies Inc. Tournament Trail (M.I.T.T.) where it is free entry into the MITT , you just have to fish at least 3 of (presently) 5 possible tournaments (June Jam, Bemidji, Frank Schneider, George Wahl, and Leech Lake Shootout) put on by the various Muskies Inc. Chapters, and the top guys who catch the most fish from those events at the end of the year gets extra cash.

Good idea and they're looking to keep growing it in the future.

I agree they should evaluate the individual vs. team aspect. But it allows for guys to compete even if their usual partner gets stuck going to an ill-timed wedding or something... But I'm sure the organizers (Doug, Steve, Chris) are open to input for future growth.

-C7

Edited by Cloud7 6/29/2017 11:37 AM
T3clay
Posted 7/17/2017 1:24 AM (#870394 - in reply to #866779)

I just hate competing against the guy in the back of my boat.
Cloud7
Posted 7/18/2017 12:11 PM (#870602 - in reply to #870394)

I always split any of my tournament winnings, which I've been lucky enough to do 3 times. The way I see it, we agree on where to fish, I fish out of their boat, they net my fish, and we throw complementary lures as we break down the lake. It's always a team event.

-C7
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)