Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Cedar point lodge eagle lake

Message Subject: Cedar point lodge eagle lake
muskyman1122
Posted 6/20/2017 11:37 PM (#865810)
Subject: Cedar point lodge eagle lake

Heading to cedar point this weekend and was woundering if anyone has any tips for a 16 year old. This is my first time ever fishing eagle but expect a pattern similar to years past on LOTW. SAny info is appreciated. Thanks,
Blake
Slobasaurus
Posted 6/22/2017 12:40 PM (#866019 - in reply to #865810)
Subject: Re: Cedar point lodge eagle lake

Hey Blake- I fish up by Waldolf Bay every July. It's clear water in the area you're in and to the west. Further south you go the more color you get. Big fish in all areas though. I'd suggest fishing a few sections of the lake your first 3 days and then double down on one or two the rest of your trip. Obviously fish the ones that seem to be holding more fish and then go about finding more spots. Black in morning and dusk is great. Walleye or perch patterns during mid day or bright days is good. Black is good on cloudy, stormy days too. Cabbage is clutch this time of year. Some rocky points/spines can be good too if near spawning locations. I like fast moving smaller tails and bulldawgs. Phantoms have been producers too. Good luck!
Musky Brian
Posted 6/22/2017 5:33 PM (#866059 - in reply to #866019)
Subject: Re: Cedar point lodge eagle lake

There's a lot of spots in that part of that lake that don't fish like they would on LOTW.

LOTW you often want your casts inches away from shore/structure. Those Vermilion Bay fish will often hang on the breaks, and if you pound shorelines in some spots your boat will be sitting where your casts should be landing. This is often the case on some of the weeds you will find around the islands. There's always fish hanging in the weeds in the north part of Vermilion Bay, both out from the launch and to the East and even in the middle of the bay. I always liked fishing the tops of the reefs at dusk in the Western Arm at dusk...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)