Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Helix 10 Mega SI and Helix 7 Fuses

Reply New post
Message Subject: Helix 10 Mega SI and Helix 7 Fuses
Drakl
Posted 6/19/2017 6:46 AM (#865580)
Subject: Helix 10 Mega SI and Helix 7 Fuses

Good morning,

I am trying to complete the installation of my new Helix 10 Mega SI and Helix 7 units and I have problem finding marine grade inline fuse holders for fuses of 3 and 4 amps. Would any type of fuse work or it would necessarily need to be inline fuses? Any link to where I could get a hold of these marine grade inline fuses and the inline fuses holder?

Also, how close from from the battery should they be installed on the wiring?

Finally, if they both units are working from the same battery, I heard that they can interfere with each others, is that right?

Thank you,
muskyhunter07
Posted 6/19/2017 8:12 AM (#865587 - in reply to #865580)
Subject: Re: Helix 10 Mega SI and Helix 7 Fuses

What battery do you connect the units to? trolling motors or cranking?
pklingen
Posted 6/19/2017 7:08 PM (#865694 - in reply to #865580)

i put two H10's on my new lund this year, bow and helm, networked together, and used a heavy duty 30 amp regular in-line fuse holder on each under the dash. i put in ONLY 4 AMP fuses as the manual called for. the reason i used the heavy fuse holder was because i used 10 ga. wire to make the runs to the locators. i connected them to the hot side and the ground side of the boats fuse panel. the boats owners manual suggested this so it shuts the power down to these units when you shut off the main power switch. this power is all connected to the starting battery.

i have no interference from anything that i can see or tell and the units have been working flawlessly for 3 months now.

Drakl
Posted 6/20/2017 1:57 PM (#865761 - in reply to #865580)

I'm planning on connecting to the cranking battery, not the trolling motors. I've finally found online, a 4 amp fuses pack and a 3 amp fuses pack, waterproof with waterproof inline holders.... $$$

Edited by Drakl 6/20/2017 2:30 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)