Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Larson FX

Reply New post
Message Subject: Larson FX
jasond
Posted 6/8/2017 9:53 AM (#864371)
Subject: Larson FX

I am now at the point of looking to upgrade as the family has outgrown my current boat. I muskie fish more than any other species, however, with 3 little boys there is a lot more panfishing and cruising with the family etc. With that said, I think I have it narrowed down to the Ranger Reata 1850 or the Larson FX 1850. I feel like a know what I am getting with the Ranger as I have been in Anglers and Reata's before and have been very impressed with the ride. The Larson's caught my eye at the Sportshow (and my wife's eye which is a good bonus) and I like the layout and casting deck, but I haven't been in one or know anyone who has one so my firsthand experience is zero.

Is there anyone in the TC metro area that would be willing to let me jump in the boat with you some time this summer to see how it fishes and what the ride is like?

Thanks, Jason
jlb66
Posted 6/12/2017 9:28 PM (#864901 - in reply to #864371)
Subject: Re: Larson FX

I got a the same one your are looking at, FX1850DC, in 2015 and I also have 2 boys so a lot of panfishing is done is also and there is plenty of room and then some for your crew! I got an email from Larson a week ago, I had a question and they said they have not changed the main layout of that model so mine has the same layout as a new one would have. I really really like mine but like anything there are a few minor things that I would like changed but that is the way with any boat I have found. If you want to try it out and want to drive to western MN or at least the Alexandria area, I fish there quite a bit, you can hop in sometime. My favorite thing I think I like about is no carpet! I will never go back to carpet in my boat ever again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)