Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Go Pro questions

Message Subject: Go Pro questions
RBC
Posted 5/21/2017 8:39 PM (#862370)
Subject: Go Pro questions

So I am thinking about buying a used gopro and have some questions. Whatever I buy
needs to be user friendly or I know I just won't use it. Which model is the easiest to use? How about ease of downloading and editing? Any have polarized lenses? Any advice is appreciated. Thx
mastical
Posted 5/23/2017 5:49 AM (#862527 - in reply to #862370)
Subject: Re: Go Pro questions

Do you have basic and above pc skills? If so it should be fairly easy, tons of videos on how to do everything. I have a 3+ black, as far as i know most are all the same except the new hero 4 square one, once you get the video settings set up on the camera its just a matter of turning it on and pressing record. Importing files and editing them is another thing, the gopro studio is complex but also videos on youtube that teach you everything. Once you get the hang of it, its not bad. You can buy a snap on lens's for the different color waters you fish, tons and tons of accessories out there too.
RBC
Posted 5/23/2017 1:02 PM (#862568 - in reply to #862370)

Thx for the info. I am reasonably tech savvy but I know I will lose patience if putting together videos is a pain. I will check out the YouTube vidoes.
Booch
Posted 5/23/2017 1:26 PM (#862572 - in reply to #862370)

Some of the GoPros don't have removable batteries. I think the cheaper ones, and the session do not. Something to keep in mind for a long day on the water. The more you spend, the more options (some of them probably useless to you) you get.

I have the PolarPro snap-on polarization lens that works really well, but if you dunk it water will seep through and cloud your image.

The GoPro video editing software is one of the easiest to use (IMO) relative to other video editing software. And, it's free. But because it's free, save often!
stdevos
Posted 5/24/2017 12:00 PM (#862709 - in reply to #862370)

Honestly, if you are looking for something that's just easy to use and you don't plan on using any of the advanced features you can save a ton of money by going with an alternative. Gopro is the "Apple" of it's category and there are plenty of cheaper options that do basically the same thing for under $100.
Professional Edge
Posted 5/24/2017 12:22 PM (#862714 - in reply to #862709)

I just ordered a Campark ACT74 action camera on amazon. Should be here tomorrow. I watched several YouTube videos on how the camera operates to feel comfortable enough to give it a try. Plus it was only $50.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)