Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Navionics map download

Reply New post
Message Subject: Navionics map download
callworth
Posted 5/14/2017 9:51 PM (#861636)
Subject: Navionics map download

Asking for a friend, so hope this makes sense

updated my navionics chip, but can't figure out how to download the maps of each lake that other people have uploaded on the site the insight genesis social map download. What file format do you need to use to download on an SD card

Thanks for help
horsehunter
Posted 5/15/2017 7:07 AM (#861647 - in reply to #861636)
Subject: Re: Navionics map download

insight genesis only works for registered Lowrance units ( HDS2 and later) and maps should be on a dedicated sd card. The social map contains the data from many users. I don't keep my data private but when I make a map I use only my own data so I know it was all collected using the same lake level I can also show vegetation and bottom hardness. I much prefer this to the navionics sonar maps which for areas I know well could get you on the rocks.
callworth
Posted 5/15/2017 10:23 AM (#861671 - in reply to #861636)

Are their different file formats to download? Does it matter the format if downloading to sd card?
horsehunter
Posted 5/15/2017 11:06 AM (#861675 - in reply to #861636)

Its a Lowrance format and the map will only work in the unit whose serial number it is registered to. I download to my desktop and transfer to an sd card and use in my unit. I have 3 units and it will only work in the unit it is registered to. The instructions are on the insight genesis websight.
kirth
Posted 5/16/2017 8:03 AM (#861806 - in reply to #861636)

What Navionics card do you have specifically ? Navionics+ or Navionics Hotmaps Platinum or Premium?
As mentioned earlier Insight Genesis cannot be loaded on a Navionics Card.
horsehunter
Posted 5/16/2017 8:45 AM (#861815 - in reply to #861636)

I use the Navionics + card ( but not the sonar view ) for areas with government charting like the Great Lakes & ST Lawrence, Ottawa R. and Trent Severn System. For small inland lakes that I fish frequently and there is no good mapping I do my own using Insight Genesis. For my home lake Navionics uses a 1968 map that was made for calculating water volumes with 10 foot contours . When you switch to the sonar view you get contour lines out of someones dreams. Major rocks are off by 100 yards and many humps not shown.
kirth
Posted 5/18/2017 6:49 AM (#862000 - in reply to #861636)

http://navionics.force.com/PlugPlay?cancel=http%3A%2F%2Fnavionics.f...

If you have map discrepancies follow the above link to report them, they are very responsive to issues.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)