Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> leaning post

Reply New post
Message Subject: leaning post
tackleaddict
Posted 5/10/2017 10:15 AM (#861286)
Subject: leaning post

I have had a factory mount for a pedestal seat in my bow for many years but never done anything with it. Now Id like to add a pedestal leaning post up there. Ill be vertical jigging and casting exclusively up there, so no need for something that converts to a seat I don't think. What posts and leaning pads have you guys bought and had good success and longevity with? What do I have to worry about with compatibility? Many of the links on cabelas website I look at don't really mention anything about whether its a 3/4" threaded post, or a not threaded post, or whatever. I also would think a 360deg swivel is a big benefit. Thanks for any input.
Pointerpride102
Posted 5/10/2017 3:05 PM (#861313 - in reply to #861286)
Subject: Re: leaning post

I have the control post like the one here:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Control-Post-Pedestal-Seat-System/73...

I love it. Could never get comfortable with a butt seat. Just have to be a little careful not to over lean on one side of it, otherwise you'll spin around and could end up in the drink!
pklingen
Posted 5/10/2017 8:50 PM (#861343 - in reply to #861286)

i got the same one, works great. got mine out of the bargain cave brand new, saved some $$$$$.
25homes
Posted 5/12/2017 1:52 PM (#861484 - in reply to #861286)

I have stock butt seat from 1998 ranger R93 love that butt seat dont know how I fished without one in past now that i have...helps reduce fatigue greatly
tackleaddict
Posted 5/13/2017 5:54 AM (#861539 - in reply to #861286)

Thanks gentlemen. I like the control post quite a bit. I'll just have to get used to not leaning to the side or I'll end up looking like a bill dance blooper video. Thanks again!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)