Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Reel recommendation?

Message Subject: Reel recommendation?
nmazzino
Posted 4/24/2017 7:38 AM (#859386)
Subject: Reel recommendation?

Hello all, this is my 2nd year muskie fishing. I am needing to upgrade one, possibly 2 reels. I am currently using an Abu Ambassadeur and a Pflueger bass fishing baitcaster. The Abu is still working fine, at least for now. But the Pflueger is on its last leg. I am looking for an all around reel for double bucktails, crankbaits, bulldawgs, etc.

I have been looking at the Shimano Tranx 400, Shimano Calcutta, Diawa Lexa, Abu Revo Toro Winch, and potentially a Cabelas brand Arachnid that is made by Diawa because it has a lifetime warranty and I know musky reels tend to break.

My fishing buddy had the Shimano Conquest but I am not able to spend 500$ on a reel at this point.

Any recommendations/experiences with reels would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
jvlast15
Posted 4/24/2017 8:14 AM (#859391 - in reply to #859386)
Subject: Re: Reel recommendation?

If you are willing to go to 400 tranx money, I think the 400 pg or the Abu Revo Toro S 60 would be the way to go. People currently know a little more about the Toro S right now because its been field tested for a longer period of time. Those would be the two I would pick from if I wanted an all around reel.
Chemi
Posted 4/24/2017 9:04 AM (#859397 - in reply to #859386)
Subject: RE: Reel recommendation?

Best bang for the buck may be the Abu MaxToro, which lists for $150, and you can find it for less.

https://youtu.be/gWhiQM6sCOo 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)