Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Photos when fishing solo

Message Subject: Photos when fishing solo
thescottith
Posted 4/20/2017 11:01 AM (#858965 - in reply to #857230)
Subject: Re: Photos when fishing solo

Can I enter my memories in the big fish contest for the replica?
redskeet100
Posted 4/21/2017 3:46 PM (#859140 - in reply to #857230)
Subject: Re: Photos when fishing solo

Before I bought the GoPro, I mounted either a polaroid or digital camera to something on the boat or a tripod. The key is to take some shots and then mark where to put everything while you are at home trying to find something to do. Makes for quicker setup once you got a fish in the net.
Rotorhead
Posted 4/22/2017 3:38 PM (#859245 - in reply to #857230)
Subject: RE: Photos when fishing solo

To all who posted many good ideas, thank you so much. I was really looking to see what others do. I have an iPhone. I downloaded two apps and tried taking a screen shot from a video that I paused and all produced very acceptable results. One of the apps is “Say Cheez,” but that takes only one photo and must be set up again. Using the camera’s built-in self-timer works too, but it must also be reset after each shot. In both these cases, the time from “start” to photo may not be enough to get more than my rear end getting the fish out of the net. I just want to get it done right, one time, without jeopardizing a fish’s good release from doing multiple resets to get the right shot. Another app “Photo Timer+” takes multiple shots at an interval you select. For example, if I select 10 photos with 3 second intervals, I’d most likely have a good shot after the first 3 and have it back in the water by the time photo 7 is taken. Set to selfie mode and I can see the framing for the shot. That was my favorite app, but may use the video as that worked well too. I’ll practice with both. My only decision now is how to mount the camera and plenty of options were presented by many who responded. For Slamr (Andrew Golden), I appreciate your comment, get it, and support it. I have plenty of fish photos. I have only two times I would like to get a photo if fishing solo – a PR and during league, if fishing solo. I must have a photo of the fish for it to count in league. It’s just that I will be in and out of town a lot this summer (a serious family illness) and can’t fish by a schedule so last minute partners for regular fishing are sometimes hard to find and we must have the same partner in league so I’m not going to tie someone up if I can’t commit to being a weekly partner. I can use a last minute non-league boat mate, but their fish won’t count but that will solve the solo photo issue.

Edited by Rotorhead 4/22/2017 3:41 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)