Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's All About The Teeth!"
- (Added by: captnkeno)

[Frozen]
Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Frozen
Message Subject: PMTT Cave Run & Eagle River filling up!
The PMTT
Posted 3/28/2017 10:38 PM (#855267)
Subject: PMTT Cave Run & Eagle River filling up!

Hi everyone,

The interest in this years tournaments is extremely high as both Cave Run and Eagle River are both over 100 teams already and Cass Lake not that far behind. If you are thinking about fishing in any of these tournaments, you need to get your entry in ASAP to lock in a starting position before they fill up. The PMTT Cave Run event is only about a month away and everything is lining up to make this a great tournament to kick off our 19th year. Looking forward to see everyone down at the Cave.

Tim
TheShow
Posted 3/29/2017 12:29 PM (#855305 - in reply to #855267)
Subject: RE: PMTT Cave Run & Eagle River filling up!

On the new website is there a place to find a full list of entrants and all the teams that caught fish? On the old site there was always a link to that information under the results. I couldn't find it when I was looking at the 2016 event results.
Thanks,
Show
Muskie Bob
Posted 3/29/2017 12:47 PM (#855307 - in reply to #855267)
Subject: Re: PMTT Cave Run & Eagle River filling up!

the top gun listing will show teams that caught fish. to see the fish caught for each tournament, you have to key the past tournaments, then select the one you are interested in. even the 2016 events,,,, select past tournaments.
if you select the Ranger Boat's World Chamionship, it will show each the teams that caught fish in each event for the 2016,
http://www.lilscrapper.com/pmtt/results/2016/FishList16.htm#RBWC

click on RESULTS, then click on "2016 top gun team of the year results.
or http://www.promusky.com/top-gun-1.html

it says 2017, but it was 2016

hope that helps.
Top H2O
Posted 4/4/2017 9:37 AM (#855920 - in reply to #855307)

I want so much to fish this tournament, but paying the bills and a busy work schedule is getting in the way.
Cave Run in the Spring is something I really look forward to. Spending 5 days there every Spring kind of breathes new life into me.... Love going there.
Junkman
Posted 4/4/2017 7:35 PM (#855967 - in reply to #855267)

Reading Jerome's post really got me thinking. Every year I talk about the excitement of going down to Kentucky for the first taste of warm weather after too long a winter. But this year I'm going "up" to Kentucky right from SW Florida where it was 89 today. So, I'll be putting on clothes this year, but, I'm still really excited to go. It's really not about the weather I guess, it's the sheer excitement of trying to compete with a lot of great sticks and maybe have a good day or two. My starting position is secure because I sent my check in early, but I'd advise anybody who's on the fence with this to sign up quickly. I think this is going to be the year of full fields, big paychecks, and a lot of guys really angry they tried to get in too late. Honestly, I simply can't wait for this to begin!
Ross K
Posted 4/5/2017 10:58 AM (#856005 - in reply to #855267)

I am ready.... a good time with great people... but a long drive! BOOOO! And hopefully a few muskies in the boat....Saturday morning would be nice...
Junkman
Posted 4/6/2017 2:53 PM (#856156 - in reply to #855267)

Well, since you asked, 1st Place in a qualifying event is $25,000.00 with a full field. A championship, if you don't want the boat, is probably double that. Yea, it's split two ways, but so is the entry fee. It's true that the other places are much lower but, truth be told....this is not about the money! Not even close to all about the money, and if you look back a lot of years, there's clearly nobody making a lot of money. This is a lot more important than money. If you want to fish against a great group of anglers who you're really "not against," want to make friends you'll keep for life, see the best in sportsmanship the musky world offers, and see how effective you can make your own day, when it counts, then PMTT is for you. You really only want to beat the "you" that's not the "you" you know you want to be. And, your fellow competitors will help you be that better you. Honest competition is far from the stories at the ramp, and the guy who caught 30 fifties but really never caught one. If you win a PMTT event, you really won something. It's just a day, and we all know there's a lot of luck in it, but it's a hell of a #*^@ day to have, and the congratulations you will get is not crap either, it's honest well wishes for you from some really decent folks glad to see you do well. It's been six years since I won a first-place in any kind of a tournament and I'm not going anywhere. You fish for the joy of it? Then I wish you a lot of joy! I like a little friendly competition, just so I can forget (for a whole day) I'm just an old guy and everything really hurts. And if you think you'll catch a bigger fish than me today...I have twenty bucks that says you won't!

Hey....this doesn't mean I like Tim....nobody likes him!
Muskie Bob
Posted 4/6/2017 10:27 PM (#856227 - in reply to #855267)

Oops, 1st place in a qualifying event is $20,0000 with full field of 125 boats (I assume that is 125 paying boats).

http://www.promusky.com/prize-payouts.html

Looking forward to that friendly competition. Good luck Marty.
Junkman
Posted 4/7/2017 4:33 AM (#856238 - in reply to #856227)

Sorry Bob, I guess that proves I wasn't paying attention to the money!!
Sam Ubl
Posted 4/7/2017 10:26 AM (#856254 - in reply to #855267)

I'm really looking forward to the trip. This will my first visit down to the Cave and I'm excited to be in such a beautiful area casting for muskies and bumping into guys I only see from time to time at various tournaments each year. I hate to say I won't be fishing the ERC leg of the PMTT this season, I have my second child due on the 2nd of July, so the timing iis too close to wager against, but that opened the door for me to finally get down to Cave Run. Look forward to seeing everyone down there.

goose007us
Posted 6/8/2017 12:06 PM (#864395 - in reply to #855267)

Hello. Is the Eagle River field full yet?
Glaucus_
Posted 6/9/2017 7:53 AM (#864495 - in reply to #855267)

The choice to fishing these events can't be about the money...because, math.

For the Cave or Madison in 2016 (75% or less of full fields) only the 1st and 2nd place winners were likely able to put any money in the bank after entry fees, travel, lodging, gas, splitting the prize, taxes on the winnings, etc. Even a team that won every qualifier and the Championship in the same year with all full fields is paid $100,000 split to $50,000 and taxed and expensed down to less than $30,000 per guy. That's a near-impossible task, and it's not life-changing money...

I hope Marty is paid by the PMTT for his happy-shiny promoting.
And, he has the right "why" when he talks about enjoying the people and experience rather than trying to get paid.
otto
Posted 6/12/2017 7:45 PM (#864887 - in reply to #855267)

Any musky tournament fishing can never be about the money (unless you're a couple of guys that were declared persona non grata by the WMT a while back. Too much of musky fishing depends on
good fortune" even for the best of us. That's one of the reasons you don't see many (if any, anymore) media folks sittin' at the tournament table.

Most of it is about the camaraderie and temporary "bragging rights". I fished a few different events and they have all been fun if not frustrating on some level, much like real musky fishing. If you never go with the thought of cashing a check you have more fun, fish more effectively and usually find a way to at least put some fish in the boat. Yep, winners' circle is awesome and what we all dream about. Fact is there's not much by the way of consistency of cracking those spots. Depending on the venue, in the top ten you'll probably see the same 5 teams with any consistency while the rest filter in and out.

And Marty, you were too late but you sound like you're channeling your inner Duke Verkuilen for Paul's Pro-Am years ago: "And if you think you'll catch a bigger fish than me today...I have twenty bucks that says you won't!" Those "side pots" were legendary.
Schultz345
Posted 6/12/2017 8:54 PM (#864899 - in reply to #864887)

Any update on cass lake tourney? Tough to find decent lodging it seems up there.
sworrall
Posted 6/17/2017 4:21 PM (#865420 - in reply to #855267)

Has anyone read the rules of this forum lately? If you have a criticism or question, contact the tournament director. Don't post it here, or none of the event directors will provide a stitch of info to this board, and I wouldn't blame them a bit.
sworrall
Posted 6/17/2017 4:21 PM (#865421 - in reply to #855267)

Has anyone read the rules of this forum lately? If you have a criticism or question, contact the tournament director. Don't post it here, or none of the event directors will provide a stitch of info to this board, and I wouldn't blame them a bit.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)