Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Gander Mountain news.

Message Subject: Gander Mountain news.
esoxaddict
Posted 2/16/2017 6:01 PM (#850065 - in reply to #849433)
Subject: Re: Gander Mountain news.

I don't wish any ill will on Gander or any other retailer. They've all got their bean counters figuring out how to make the most profit and move the most merchandise. I get it - that's retail. BPS probably makes more money on those stupid cork pop-guns than they make selling muskie lures, and 90% of the guys selling muskie gear wouldn't know a muskie if it swam up and bit them on the ass. I get it.

I just wish there was a way for any or all of these guys to provide me with a retail experience where I could walk in and talk to someone who knows more about the product I am interested in than I do because they actually have experience with it. That's not big box retail.

I firmly believe that big box retail will collapse on itself eventually. Hopefully we'll go back to the mom & pop retailers who do one thing and do it better than anyone else. I want to buy my guns from a guy who dedicated his life to guns. I want to buy archery equipment from a guy whose life is archery. I want to buy muskie gear from a guy who actually fishes for them and fishes for them with a passion, and not from someone who has a cousin who has an uncle who has a place up North somewhere and once saw a 6 foot muskie under his dock.
kdebell
Posted 2/16/2017 7:12 PM (#850073 - in reply to #850065)
Subject: Re: Gander Mountain news.

/\ This is why Scheels is a far superior store to any out there. Each store and department is ran on it's own where the department managers choose what they order. Every department also has mandatory training every Wednesday night by products reps. to gain knowledge. Coupled with adding a handful of stores a year is a great business plan. There are people out there that don't like shopping at Scheels because it isn't a store to can go into and just look around without being asked if you need help quite a few times. But when that person does have a question they get a knowledge based answer, not some BS or opinion.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)