Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Hooked a fish... fought it... lost it... and it came back and hit again!

Message Subject: Hooked a fish... fought it... lost it... and it came back and hit again!
Reelwise
Posted 1/15/2017 11:20 AM (#846253)
Subject: Hooked a fish... fought it... lost it... and it came back and hit again!

What is the longest you have fought a fish... only for it to get off... and hit again - right away?

Cool video of a Muskellunge hitting the lure... getting off... and hitting again...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zriLYkM3lzY 

Or... was it a different fish?

Enjoy!
pklingen
Posted 1/15/2017 2:23 PM (#846269 - in reply to #846253)
Subject: Re: Hooked a fish... fought it... lost it... and it came back and hit again!

long story short.................i watched my buddy hook and lose the same fish 3 times on the same bait before finally getting it on a boatside strike. everytime it got off it got closer to the boat. that fish had suicidal tendencies! if i didn't see it i wouldn't have believed it!
Pepper
Posted 1/15/2017 2:41 PM (#846272 - in reply to #846253)
Subject: Re: Hooked a fish... fought it... lost it... and it came back and hit again!

Was fishing with suckers with two other guys and 1st Rod got a hit and the Muskie spit the sucker 2nd Rod themes hit same story he let go during the fight Rod # 3 same deal. Finally as he was swimming away he hit the 1st sucker again. Never did get a hook into him
W8N4SNO
Posted 1/16/2017 8:45 AM (#846340 - in reply to #846253)

Fishing 3 deep, 2 casting, and 1 dragging meat. Meat goes off, set the hook, fight the fish to the boat, fish slides into the net easily, fish goes ballistic in the net, unhooks itself, and jumps out of the net. We put the meat back into the water half hooked and the fish ate it again. She got her picture taken with a professional male model this time.... Does that count as 2 fish caught??? Sweet memories....

Edited by W8N4SNO 1/16/2017 8:47 AM
musky513
Posted 1/16/2017 1:42 PM (#846380 - in reply to #846253)

I had it happen once on a jig. I hooked the fish and made a few turns of the reel handle and the hook popped out. The fish spun and ate the jig again before it hit the bottom. Poor fish was blind in one eye and missing a pectoral fin...must've been hungry.

Edited by musky513 1/16/2017 1:44 PM
FlyPiker
Posted 1/17/2017 4:25 PM (#846515 - in reply to #846253)

No muskies this way but have caught a few northerns that were not going to give up on murdering my bait.
North of 8
Posted 1/18/2017 9:53 AM (#846587 - in reply to #846253)

I had it happen with a sucker as well. I had stopped casting to clean weeds from my lure and the sucker drifted ahead of the boat in the current. Musky hit, I set the hook but about 15 ft from the boat it came off. I slowly reeled in and saw the musky following. Did a figure 8 with the sucker, it hit and I set the hook. Just lifted the rod and slid the net under her. She really wanted that sucker I guess.
MuskyTime
Posted 1/18/2017 3:24 PM (#846625 - in reply to #846253)
Subject: RE: Hooked a fish... fought it... lost it... and it came back and hit again!

Had a 50" fish follow in and after two figure 8's eat the bucktail. I set the hook back into the fish and the head thrashed back and forth about 5 times with the head out of the water. The bucktail was in the roof of the mouth until it shook free after about the 5th head shake. The bucktail flew up in the air from the tension on the line and I re-directed the bait back into the water and started to figure 8 again. About the 3rd figure 8 she ate it again and that time I landed her. It was my first 50.
Rotag
Posted 1/22/2017 7:29 PM (#847135 - in reply to #846253)

Anchored in a deeper hole on a river soaking a sucker, I hooked one fought it to the boat. Hook came out at the boat, as the sucker flew out of the water I whipped it around and slammed it on the water with a "F@$#". Sat sat there w my head down for a minute lifted the rod to change suckers and the musky was back on. It got off after a few seconds. The sucker was shredded but I let drift back down. 2 minutes later it hits again and comes off again. Never landed it.
muskiebob1
Posted 1/24/2017 6:54 AM (#847302 - in reply to #847135)

Happened with the first muskie I ever caught. Was showing a friend how to cast a bait caster. Threw an old style Bomber out as far as I could and reeling back as fast as I could when Muskie hit. Fought him about 5 seconds and got off. Kept reeling and he hit again. Landed him that time. From shore. 40 years ago last summer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)