Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.
- (Added by: C_Nelson)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Bucktail parts

Message Subject: Bucktail parts
flyingfish8604
Posted 11/26/2016 7:42 PM (#837408)
Subject: Bucktail parts

Hey guys, just looking for the best place to get mag #9's and the little plastic washers that are used under clevises (trolling girls or Spanky Baits). I've looked in the Moores catalog and on LPO. I know Lakeland sells blades, but not sure how their blade sizes compare to others.

Thanks!
Zib
Posted 11/29/2016 9:35 AM (#837595 - in reply to #837408)
Subject: RE: Bucktail parts

Moore's & LPO get their blades from Lakeland. Lakeland no longer sells to individuals unless you have a federal tax I.D. #. Hagen's sells blades but most of their blades are smaller than those of others of the same size.

As for the plastic washers, you don't need those if you use a solid bead below the clevis. The rough edges of a hollow bead will cut through the clevis & that's why Spanky's uses the plastic washers.

flyingfish8604
Posted 11/29/2016 11:33 AM (#837616 - in reply to #837595)
Subject: Re: Bucktail parts

Thanks for the reply. I found as i was experimenting, that some baits ran smoother with the plastic washer. After cutting some Spanky's I didn't like, I did see that the major reason was protect the hollow bead.

When I talked with Moore's, I thought he said most of his blades come from Worth. I think their sizes run more "true"
Zib
Posted 11/29/2016 12:52 PM (#837629 - in reply to #837616)

flyingfish8604 - 11/29/2016 12:33 PM Thanks for the reply. I found as i was experimenting, that some baits ran smoother with the plastic washer. After cutting some Spanky's I didn't like, I did see that the major reason was protect the hollow bead. When I talked with Moore's, I thought he said most of his blades come from Worth. I think their sizes run more "true"

In the catalog some of them stated that they are Lakeland, wasn't aware that he also had the Worth blades. When my buddy was selling buck tails he always ordered from Lakeland & there were no size issues with the 10's & 12's. Don't know about their smaller ones other than the #8 French blades, which are true size. I keep forgetting about Worth making blades. Might have to order from them the next time I decide to make a new batch of tails.

ToddM
Posted 11/30/2016 6:07 AM (#837700 - in reply to #837408)

Hagens blades are an indiana blade. They sell them up to a 12 which is pretty big. They sell them in thick and thin styles.
Zib
Posted 11/30/2016 3:24 PM (#837750 - in reply to #837700)

ToddM - 11/30/2016 7:07 AM Hagens blades are an indiana blade. They sell them up to a 12 which is pretty big. They sell them in thick and thin styles.

Hagen's #10 magnum Indiana's are smaller than Lakeland's # magnum Indiana's. I found that out the hard way. Hagen's #10's are closer to the size of other's #9's.

I was looking through the specs for Worth & Lakeland today & the Worth's are bigger at every size from 8's on up. Didn't find a spec sheet for Hagen's so if I have time to find them in my basement I'll measure the blades & post the specs on the Hagen's #8 & #10 magnum Indiana's.

Muskiemetal
Posted 12/3/2016 3:44 PM (#837964 - in reply to #837408)

Worth's magnum 8 blade is a Lakeland 9 and they are the same size.
Worth and Lakeland's size 10 blades are the same size.

Worth has a new Mag 7 blade with is the same as a Lakeland Mag 8.

Hagens are smaller and shaped a little different.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)