Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> "The Fish Wish" It's really happening!

Message Subject: "The Fish Wish" It's really happening!
Chico R
Posted 10/22/2016 12:36 AM (#834343)
Subject: "The Fish Wish" It's really happening!

Hey Muskie First Fam! I'm Aaron "Chico" Rodriguez from East St. Paul, MN and now in North Branch. Like many of you, I grew up fishing & became obsessed with catching that next giant. Many of my best memories growing up was going to the lake with my pops. I wanted to be a pro bass fisherman...until I caught my first Muskie! I eventually started making custom baits for local shops and had two baby girls that love the lake as much as I do.
Then I became a single dad and just didn't care anymore. It took a while to enjoy things again and then something amazing happened...

I wrote a children's book dedicated to my girls! Crazy huh!? I'm still surprised myself but it came from the heart and really means a lot to me. One day I read a fish book to my daughter's class and brought in some minnows and fishtivities. They LOVED it!! The joy on their faces was something I could never forget and I thought it'd be cool if I wrote my own to read them and could introduce others to fishing.

Now "The Fish Wish" is here but I need some help to officially make it happen. It has a great story, rhymes, education, and helps introduce kids to fishing! Oh and Yes...yes I did sneak a Muskie in there too. There is also a coloring & activity book in the works for it too.
I have officially launched a 30 day campaign on kickstarter.com to raise funds to get the book illustrated, published, and into classrooms. Please take a moment to see what I've been up to. If anyone from muskiefirst contributes I will do a drawing for a couple custom bait packages and make a bait for anyone that contributes $50 or more if that is ok? Any encouragement or support is greatly appreciated, I wouldn't be able to do it without you. Let's keep kids interested in fishing & reading and make this happen!!
copy and paste the link or visit www.kickstarter.com and search for "The Fish Wish"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/698421355/the-fish-wish?ref=nav...
sworrall
Posted 10/22/2016 6:34 PM (#834402 - in reply to #834343)
Subject: Re: "The Fish Wish" It's really happening!

The world definitely needs more kids fishing books, that's for sure. As this project unfolds, please keep us informed as to when the book will published.

The $50 for a chance at a custom lure package is fair, but we need to oversee the drawing. Just one note, next time (this goes for all fund raising activities for anyone) please ask us if a personal fund raiser offsite is OK to post here in advance, it's the appropriate thing to do. Please drop me a note with all the details so I can confirm this is something OFM needs to get behind. You have been here for awhile, so I'm betting this will be a cool project.

Good luck with the project!
Chico R
Posted 10/28/2016 6:05 PM (#834977 - in reply to #834343)
Subject: Re: "The Fish Wish" It's really happening!

Thanks Steve! I'll be sending you a pm with further details on the project.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)