Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Why don't you yell some more? That would be fun." Dr. John Schneider to Mesikomer
- (Added by: woody)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Lurker starting to do some soft plastics.

Message Subject: Lurker starting to do some soft plastics.
Landry
Posted 9/6/2016 7:47 PM (#829590)
Subject: Lurker starting to do some soft plastics.

I love this forum. I often peak at the Art in here.
Anyways, I was inspired by Juhas' UBOATS soft plastic bait. Was gonna order some but then I decided to try my hand at my own baits. Got some help from another soft Muskie bait builder - not sure if he is on here.

I have just finished molding two paddle tail swim shad baits(10") that will be cast into Plaster of Paris tomorrow. I have done this with bass drop shots and they turned out great - nice and shiny and smooth as I coated the plaster in thinned glue. Hoping these turn out.

Gonna melt some old baits to make a Frankenstein test run. Will post pictures eventually if they turn out. Hopefully gonna try my hand at Bulldawg style bait using Silicon next.

Landry

Edited by Landry 9/6/2016 8:06 PM
Zinox
Posted 9/7/2016 12:28 PM (#829642 - in reply to #829590)
Subject: Re: Lurker starting to do some soft plastics.

Go luck, its a ton of fun.
I made my own softbaits for our euro pike for 1½-2 years now, and its a blast, and they catch a bunch a bunch of fish, biggest so far 45,3 inch :D
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)