Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> How do you want to be sent off????

Message Subject: How do you want to be sent off????
esoxaddict
Posted 8/19/2016 9:02 AM (#827845 - in reply to #827835)
Subject: Re: How do you want to be sent off????

Flambeauski - 8/19/2016 8:24 AM

Lake Of The Woods - 8/18/2016 4:03 AM

Flambeauski - 8/16/2016 3:54 PM

I like how guys think their loved ones will go to the trouble and expense to carry out their unusual wishes after they're dead.

The urn is going in the basement next to the litter box and old magazines. Or it might get tossed into the nearest river or sewage treatment facility.
Well,what have you done to PO your kin?,...lol :-O

Went to LOTW instead of taking them to Disney Land or Paris.

If that's all it takes, my ashes will get tossed out the car window in the parking lot of the funeral home...
Slamr
Posted 8/19/2016 9:04 AM (#827846 - in reply to #827684)

Clark A - 8/18/2016 6:18 AM

A burning work in progress!
I'm sorry, it looked "right side up" when attached....#*^@ cell phones/old people that can't comprehend the basics!

Slammr, please make this right, and I will get you a Pelican Lake cocktail in a few weeks!

I dont drink and I dont see whats wrong with the pic....
Lake Of The Woods
Posted 8/19/2016 9:49 PM (#827921 - in reply to #827835)

Flambeauski - 8/19/2016 8:24 AM

Lake Of The Woods - 8/18/2016 4:03 AM

Flambeauski - 8/16/2016 3:54 PM

I like how guys think their loved ones will go to the trouble and expense to carry out their unusual wishes after they're dead.

The urn is going in the basement next to the litter box and old magazines. Or it might get tossed into the nearest river or sewage treatment facility.
Well,what have you done to PO your kin?,...lol :-O

Went to LOTW instead of taking them to Disney Land or Paris.
I would have done the same.
fishpoop
Posted 8/22/2016 3:10 PM (#828168 - in reply to #827361)

I lost my wife, and fishing buddy, 12 years ago to brain cancer. I asked her what she wanted done when she was gone. She said she wanted to be cremated instead of buried. Then I asked what she wanted done with her ashes. (talk about a difficult conversation no one wants to have) We talked it over a few times and I suggested spreading her ashes in L.o. T.W. Sabaskong Bay where we went every year muskie fishing together. She said, no. She wanted someplace closer to home.

Time went by and we talked some more and she said that she wanted half her ashes to go to Tucson AZ desert near her parents. She loved the desert. Then she said she wanted the other half to go to White Bear Lake on the spot where she caught her biggest muskie, a 49 inch fish.

So that is what I did, half of her is under a Saguaro Cactus in the Tuscon desert and the other half is on our favorite hump in White Bear Lake.

After she died I made a donation to Muskies Inc. in her memory and the N. Metro Chapter graciously used part of the funds to install a memorial bench in her honor in Matooska Park on White Bear, and I am forever grateful to them for it. The rest of the memorial funds they used to send some returning Iraq War Vets to Canada for a all expense paid muskie trip.

I still have her empty urn sitting on the fireplace mantle next to our wedding photo where it will stay as long as I'm alive.

As for me, I'd like to be cremated and have my ashes spread in White Bear Lake with hers but I don't have family left to do that so who knows where I'll end up?

Edited by fishpoop 8/22/2016 3:44 PM
muskie-don58
Posted 8/22/2016 5:47 PM (#828183 - in reply to #827361)

Touching story, Paul. You seem to be a fine man. Perhaps we could fish together sometime.
fishpoop
Posted 8/22/2016 6:40 PM (#828193 - in reply to #828183)

muskie-don58 - 8/22/2016 5:47 PM

Touching story, Paul. You seem to be a fine man. Perhaps we could fish together sometime.

Thank you for your kind words.

Well, if I ever get my life straightened out maybe we can go fishing. I haven't been muskie fishing in 7 years now. Didn't mean for that to happen but sometimes life gets strange.

Edited by fishpoop 8/22/2016 6:45 PM
Clark A
Posted 8/23/2016 1:23 AM (#828218 - in reply to #827361)

I couldn't believe that this Viking funeral pyre was popular, but my Dad wanted it for over 20 years! A rather emotional experience beginning with "Amazing Grace"....the tear jerking bag pipe version, but since the burn lasted so long someone that knew my Dad inserted Christmas music. A wonderful finally!!!!
Lake Of The Woods
Posted 8/23/2016 3:59 PM (#828270 - in reply to #828168)

fishpoop - 8/22/2016 3:10 PM

I lost my wife, and fishing buddy, 12 years ago to brain cancer. I asked her what she wanted done when she was gone. She said she wanted to be cremated instead of buried. Then I asked what she wanted done with her ashes. (talk about a difficult conversation no one wants to have) We talked it over a few times and I suggested spreading her ashes in L.o. T.W. Sabaskong Bay where we went every year muskie fishing together. She said, no. She wanted someplace closer to home.

Time went by and we talked some more and she said that she wanted half her ashes to go to Tucson AZ desert near her parents. She loved the desert. Then she said she wanted the other half to go to White Bear Lake on the spot where she caught her biggest muskie, a 49 inch fish.

So that is what I did, half of her is under a Saguaro Cactus in the Tuscon desert and the other half is on our favorite hump in White Bear Lake.

After she died I made a donation to Muskies Inc. in her memory and the N. Metro Chapter graciously used part of the funds to install a memorial bench in her honor in Matooska Park on White Bear, and I am forever grateful to them for it. The rest of the memorial funds they used to send some returning Iraq War Vets to Canada for a all expense paid muskie trip.

I still have her empty urn sitting on the fireplace mantle next to our wedding photo where it will stay as long as I'm alive.

As for me, I'd like to be cremated and have my ashes spread in White Bear Lake with hers but I don't have family left to do that so who knows where I'll end up?
Well,...you have me teared up.If I ever fish White Bear Lake,MN I'll be sure to pay my respects.
Seilers
Posted 8/23/2016 5:00 PM (#828276 - in reply to #827486)

esoxaddict - 8/16/2016 4:20 PM

ToddM - 8/16/2016 11:58 AM

Donating my body to science. I would rather be used to teach and be studied than be buried or scattered. Don't need a funeral or a ceremony. Have a beer or catch fish in my honor. Good enough.

I'd be careful with that. An old family friend did that with his wife. It was a few years later he got a call from some medical facility telling him in not so many words "hey, we're done with your wife. What would you like done with the body?"

WHAT?!?

In my experience we treated the donor body with great respect. I still remember his name, age, hometown and diagnosis. In addition, we all attended a memorial service for the donors.
djwilliams
Posted 8/23/2016 10:41 PM (#828302 - in reply to #827361)

About two weeks ago 40 members of a family showed up at Pikedale at Leech, spent the week, then on Friday evening they spread the ashes of their father/grandfather/brother/uncle on the waters. They celebrated all week beforehand. As for me, I will not end up in a nursing home. My mom died in a nursing home this past Memorial Day and I will not put my kids or myself thru that. Have told the kids and Tammy I'll go over the side of the boat, or make a solo camping trip to the BWCA. Not sure they realize I'm serious about that. After I'm gone, they'll probably bury my bod a few blocks from home at the cemetary.
Sidejack
Posted 8/23/2016 11:13 PM (#828303 - in reply to #828193)

fishpoop - 8/22/2016 6:40 PM

Well, if I ever get my life straightened out maybe we can go fishing. I haven't been muskie fishing in 7 years now. Didn't mean for that to happen but sometimes life gets strange.

I took a se7en year hiatus from the biggie hunt and savor the addiction all the more now. Yewl git back soon but continue to hang out here in the meantime.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(tumblr_ntdmqvtZFb1uwov8go1_500.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments tumblr_ntdmqvtZFb1uwov8go1_500.jpg (101KB - 382 downloads)
Millsie1
Posted 8/24/2016 10:10 AM (#828326 - in reply to #828302)

djwilliams - 8/23/2016 10:41 PM

About two weeks ago 40 members of a family showed up at Pikedale at Leech, spent the week, then on Friday evening they spread the ashes of their father/grandfather/brother/uncle on the waters. They celebrated all week beforehand. As for me, I will not end up in a nursing home. My mom died in a nursing home this past Memorial Day and I will not put my kids or myself thru that. Have told the kids and Tammy I'll go over the side of the boat, or make a solo camping trip to the BWCA. Not sure they realize I'm serious about that. After I'm gone, they'll probably bury my bod a few blocks from home at the cemetary.

If I ever get so sick and know the end is near I want to go in an avalanche. Take the last ski and they can find me in the spring or let me stay where I lay!
Clark A
Posted 8/25/2016 1:41 AM (#828384 - in reply to #827361)

Viking funeral
Slamr
Posted 8/25/2016 8:58 AM (#828396 - in reply to #827361)

Sit my dead corpse in front of my desk wherever i work. Put on one screen a resume I was to read (thats my real job) and muskiefirst on the other screen. Most fitting to have me enter the afterlife in the same way I squandered most of the my life on earth.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)