Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> How do you want to be sent off????

Message Subject: How do you want to be sent off????
Clark A
Posted 8/15/2016 11:06 PM (#827361)
Subject: How do you want to be sent off????

Depressing, but a real question. Being stuffed with more chemicals than an old Lang Taxidermy mount, and put into a box wearing an ugly tight fitting sport coat, and a hideous tie with no pants or shoes, sounds wrong! To, be dug up in less than 100 years to have your wirthered skull used as a Hackey Sack (H.S. will be a timeless/non-cultural based activity/sport)!,is probably a fact! Don't most of you want to be "spread" on your favorite bodies of water/muskie spots? I'm thinkin' that those that remain will help to keep your spirit memorable. Tell me/us your stories of your departed dear friends or family members
, and what you did
to to send them off!

Edited by Clark A 8/15/2016 11:39 PM
Switchaxe
Posted 8/15/2016 11:41 PM (#827362 - in reply to #827361)
Subject: RE: How do you want to be sent off????

You are exactly right as far as im concerned. I told my brothers and my father that if I die before them, I want them to go to my favorite spot for a weekend with my ashes, drink lots of miller high life, and catch a 50. And I meant every word.
Lake Of The Woods
Posted 8/16/2016 4:03 AM (#827365 - in reply to #827361)

Wife and family already have the marching orders for when I leave here and head for the next stop.Arranged this years ago.

I lived in the Kenora area for many years and had the opportunity of enjoying the wilderness and all it had to offer in a lifestyle that shaped both my family and I.

We all have our favourite spots that sculpted the memories and relationships with both family and friends over a lifetime.I suppose when you start getting on in age you reflect back on what and where were the driving forces in realizing what the authentic important times were.

For me the simplicity of life has it's utmost impact in two particular places I have grown to cherish over the years with family and friends.

Therefore half of my ashy remains will be scattered in to Wonderland Lake and the other half into Keys Lake which are both deep inland oligotrophic crystal clear waters with a view to die for.

Not sure what half will land up where,...but that's out my hands anyways.

Oh,and I won't be alone as there has previously been the ashes of two other individuals in that I knew,...one in each lake.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Wonderland & Keys Lake.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Wonderland & Keys Lake.png (204KB - 339 downloads)
Lake Of The Woods
Posted 8/16/2016 4:13 AM (#827366 - in reply to #827361)

Wonderland lake and location of where the party will take place after friends and family set half of me free.The cottage in the attached picture is of the only one on the entire lake.The beach goes out for 400+ feet and is only waist deep until it drops off to well over 100'.You can scoop a cup of water up and drink it without any concerns,...it's clearer than tap water.

(Wonderland Lake Cottage.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Wonderland Lake Cottage.png (376KB - 324 downloads)
Lake Of The Woods
Posted 8/16/2016 4:35 AM (#827367 - in reply to #827361)

I'll litter Keys Lake with my other ashy half.Another crystal clear deep cold water lake with water you can drink straight up worry free,...goes well with a good scotch or rye.

Oh,and their is Muskie in this lake along with Lake Trout,...so Ill feel right at home.

(Keys Lake.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Keys Lake.png (376KB - 301 downloads)
muskyhunter47
Posted 8/16/2016 5:06 AM (#827368 - in reply to #827367)
Subject: Re: How do you want to be sent off????

For me im having some of my ashes put in to shot gun shell's and fired over my favorite hunting land .the rest spread over vermilion.im a real list i wont go to a nursing home. When i can no longer take care of myself ill end my own life maybe by then it will be legal if not what they going to to . Like they say life us a b $#%^ then you die
happy hooker
Posted 8/16/2016 8:11 AM (#827393 - in reply to #827368)

I want to be buried at sea on my favorite muskie lake,,then you guys can fish me has structure,,,won't need a waypoint, with my cholesterol count the oil slick will be visible for years.!!!
Flambeauski
Posted 8/16/2016 8:24 AM (#827396 - in reply to #827361)

My next of kin is taking me to a taxidermist and making a skin mount in a very manly pose and displaying me in the living room.

Who is the best at human repos? Lax or Fittante?
esoxaddict
Posted 8/16/2016 10:35 AM (#827418 - in reply to #827361)

Agree with the original poster. Seen enough friends and relatives lying there dead in a box wearing clothes they never wore when they were alive. Stupid. That's not how I want to remember the people I care about and that's not how I want to be remembered. My instructions were: "If there's anything left of me, burn it. Keep the ashes. Take my Eagle Lake map, and figure it out from there. Take the rest to Presque Isle and do the same thing. Save some for Harris Lake and some for Crab Lake, Milwaukee Bay... And make sure you stop to fish those spots!"

Something tells me I'll be in the company of a lot of my friends in my final resting place(s)...

Edited by esoxaddict 8/16/2016 11:03 AM
Pointerpride102
Posted 8/16/2016 10:56 AM (#827421 - in reply to #827418)

Don't care. I'll be dead.
lhprop1
Posted 8/16/2016 11:32 AM (#827435 - in reply to #827361)

Just give me a good old fashioned Viking funeral pyre. Put me on a raft and shoot flaming arrows at me. Just be sure to give me a kerosene bath first so I go WOOF!
ToddM
Posted 8/16/2016 11:58 AM (#827441 - in reply to #827361)

Donating my body to science. I would rather be used to teach and be studied than be buried or scattered. Don't need a funeral or a ceremony. Have a beer or catch fish in my honor. Good enough.

Edited by ToddM 8/16/2016 11:59 AM
Flambeauski
Posted 8/16/2016 3:54 PM (#827481 - in reply to #827361)

I like how guys think their loved ones will go to the trouble and expense to carry out their unusual wishes after they're dead.

The urn is going in the basement next to the litter box and old magazines. Or it might get tossed into the nearest river or sewage treatment facility.
esoxaddict
Posted 8/16/2016 4:20 PM (#827486 - in reply to #827441)

ToddM - 8/16/2016 11:58 AM

Donating my body to science. I would rather be used to teach and be studied than be buried or scattered. Don't need a funeral or a ceremony. Have a beer or catch fish in my honor. Good enough.

I'd be careful with that. An old family friend did that with his wife. It was a few years later he got a call from some medical facility telling him in not so many words "hey, we're done with your wife. What would you like done with the body?"

WHAT?!?

ToddM
Posted 8/16/2016 4:23 PM (#827488 - in reply to #827486)

esoxaddict - 8/16/2016 4:20 PM

ToddM - 8/16/2016 11:58 AM

I'd be careful with that. An old family friend did that with his wife. It was a few years later he got a call from some medical facility telling him in not so many words "hey, we're done with your wife. What would you like done with the body?"

WHAT?!?

Cremate what's left then, or maybe some college dare drink with ashes.
esoxaddict
Posted 8/16/2016 5:54 PM (#827504 - in reply to #827481)

Flambeauski - 8/16/2016 3:54 PM

I like how guys think their loved ones will go to the trouble and expense to carry out their unusual wishes after they're dead.

The urn is going in the basement next to the litter box and old magazines. Or it might get tossed into the nearest river or sewage treatment facility.

I gave Samantha my instructions knowing full well that when the time comes she'll probably say "aw, **** that old bastard!" and I'll likely wind up in a dumpster behind a gas station.

Edited by esoxaddict 8/16/2016 6:01 PM
dfkiii
Posted 8/16/2016 6:14 PM (#827505 - in reply to #827504)

esoxaddict - 8/16/2016 5:54 PM

I gave Samantha my instructions knowing full well that when the time comes she'll probably say "aw, **** that old bastard!" and I'll likely wind up in a dumpster behind a gas station. ;)

Maybe she'll just put the urn on your desk figuring you'll be right at home there.
Pointerpride102
Posted 8/16/2016 6:43 PM (#827507 - in reply to #827505)

dfkiii - 8/16/2016 6:14 PM

esoxaddict - 8/16/2016 5:54 PM

I gave Samantha my instructions knowing full well that when the time comes she'll probably say "aw, **** that old bastard!" and I'll likely wind up in a dumpster behind a gas station. ;)

Maybe she'll just put the urn on your desk figuring you'll be right at home there. ;-)

Or if she does take them out there, at least the boat would get wet finally.
cincinnati
Posted 8/16/2016 7:52 PM (#827514 - in reply to #827481)

Flambeauski - 8/16/2016 4:54 PM

Fairly certain that my request will be ignored because, as soon as I've assumed room temperature, my beloved will have spent her last minute in northern WI.

And, for anyone interested, my toys will be going away in a roll-off shortly after.
esoxaddict
Posted 8/16/2016 8:53 PM (#827518 - in reply to #827514)

cincinnati - 8/16/2016 7:52 PM

Flambeauski - 8/16/2016 4:54 PM

Fairly certain that my request will be ignored because, as soon as I've assumed room temperature, my beloved will have spent her last minute in northern WI.

And, for anyone interested, my toys will be going away in a roll-off shortly after. ;)

That's only because she has no idea what you paid for them. My #*#* is going up for sale on MuskieFirst... She'll take the property, the truck, the boat, the fishing gear, the tools, and all of the other stuff and sell it for half of what it's worth, and then take the money and buy herself all the stuff she wanted that she couldn't have because I blew all my money on fishing. Now that I think about it... Yah, my previous post was a joke. But my #*#*'s going in a dumpster for sure!
Millsie1
Posted 8/17/2016 2:44 PM (#827627 - in reply to #827435)

lhprop1 - 8/16/2016 11:32 AM

Just give me a good old fashioned Viking funeral pyre. Put me on a raft and shoot flaming arrows at me. Just be sure to give me a kerosene bath first so I go WOOF!

My wife has terminal cancer and this is exactly what she wants!
apeoples
Posted 8/17/2016 5:42 PM (#827645 - in reply to #827361)

Sorry to hear about your wife Iost my dad to cancer in April, terminal diagnosis in February gone by April. It's a horrible disease my wife was diagnosed at when our son was a year old and our daughter was 3 lost the my grandfather to it the next year. Fortunately my wife has been cancer free now for fourteen years . It's a very lonely feeling when your trying to be strong for them and dying inside. We've both agreed that cremation is the way for us and do what you will with the ashes but living near the upper st.Croix one last trip down the river sounds good to me I'd be following some very close family and friends that took their last trip.
Clark A
Posted 8/17/2016 10:26 PM (#827670 - in reply to #827361)

I put this out there as a realistic question, seriously two Viking Funeral Pyres responses...it really seems the cool thing to do! My Dad decided on this about 15 years ago. He had a flair for senseless theatrical mayhem.
Clark A
Posted 8/17/2016 11:21 PM (#827676 - in reply to #827670)

Clark A - 8/17/2016 10:26 PM

I put this out there as a realistic question, seriously two Viking Funeral Pyres responses...it really seems the cool thing to do! My Dad decided on this about 15 years ago. He had a flair for senseless theatrical mayhem.

Edited by Clark A 8/17/2016 11:24 PM
Lake Of The Woods
Posted 8/18/2016 4:03 AM (#827679 - in reply to #827481)

Well,what have you done to PO your kin?,...lol
Clark A
Posted 8/18/2016 6:18 AM (#827684 - in reply to #827361)

A burning work in progress!
I'm sorry, it looked "right side up" when attached....#*^@ cell phones/old people that can't comprehend the basics!

Slammr, please make this right, and I will get you a Pelican Lake cocktail in a few weeks!

Edited by Clark A 8/18/2016 6:47 AM

(IMG_3955 (13).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3955 (13).JPG (104KB - 344 downloads)
Millsie1
Posted 8/18/2016 10:56 AM (#827720 - in reply to #827645)

apeoples - 8/17/2016 5:42 PM

Sorry to hear about your wife Iost my dad to cancer in April, terminal diagnosis in February gone by April. It's a horrible disease my wife was diagnosed at when our son was a year old and our daughter was 3 lost the my grandfather to it the next year. Fortunately my wife has been cancer free now for fourteen years . It's a very lonely feeling when your trying to be strong for them and dying inside. We've both agreed that cremation is the way for us and do what you will with the ashes but living near the upper st.Croix one last trip down the river sounds good to me I'd be following some very close family and friends that took their last trip.

So very sorry for your loss. My wife has a couple years anyway, hopefully more. Very difficult to be strong for the ones you love. I have other resources if you want/need to talk to someone. I would be happy to talk too.
teddy b
Posted 8/18/2016 4:33 PM (#827766 - in reply to #827361)

I really want to have MN Vikings players as pallbearers and then have them lower me into the ground....just so the Vikings can let me down one last time.
TB
North of 8
Posted 8/19/2016 8:11 AM (#827832 - in reply to #827361)

My son is going to take my ashes out on the boat and put them in the lake I live on (I did remind him to do it on the downwind side). The body will be offered to science but even if used, you can be cremated later. My kidney location is uncommon due to a birth defect and have had some work done, so an aspiring urologist could learn from my remains. Maybe even a GP could learn. When I was in my twenties I developed a kidney stone while on vacation in Eagle River. They had a young rent a doc on duty in the emergency room and he was an arrogant little pup. By the time I got dressed after the tests, he was pointing at x-rays and telling my wife I would be on dialysis in less than five years. Pure BS. The urologist that eventually did the surgery agreed to write him a letter and suggest he keep his diagnosis to things he understood. 35+ years later, I am still doing fine.
Flambeauski
Posted 8/19/2016 8:24 AM (#827835 - in reply to #827679)

Lake Of The Woods - 8/18/2016 4:03 AM

Well,what have you done to PO your kin?,...lol :-O

Went to LOTW instead of taking them to Disney Land or Paris.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)