Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I have never done any good in this section" Five minutes later "Oh there is one coming right there"
- (Added by: Turkeyt)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> dammaged huges river

Message Subject: dammaged huges river
danlaboucane
Posted 8/6/2016 8:33 PM (#826388)
Subject: dammaged huges river

hello guys, i have a huges river with a piece ofthe external layer missing how and what with can i use to repair and seal it

thanks
spoonpluggergino
Posted 8/7/2016 10:28 AM (#826414 - in reply to #826388)
Subject: Re: dammaged huges river

Okay I will jump in
I have been building baits over xix years and I have repaired chipped paint and some gouges
First if some wood got gouged you need to fill the gouge
Block around the damaged area with some masking tape, give yourself room to sand the damaged area about 1/4 of an inch around the damage trim out the tape and start your repair
I use Famwood plastic wood fill the gouge and sand 150 grit should do the job
2nd do some fine sanding with a 400 grit paper, sand very lightly
3rd after sanding you can use some CA glue, I use Latex disposable gloves, spread the CA glue with your fingers, just a drop or two should be sufficient, depending on the size of repair, let it dry and apply a second coat. You could use Devcon two ton 30 minutes or Envirotex if you have it
4th if you have an air brush you could spray the repaired area trying to match the basic color, you will never be able to get a perfect match, you can also use a tiny brush to paint the damaged area, use just a dab of paint, as least has possible, do not load the brush
5th after painting, seal the paint, using the same stuff that you used to seal the wood

It will not look as good as new but at least the damage will not spread

Gino

Edited by spoonpluggergino 8/7/2016 10:35 AM
danlaboucane
Posted 8/7/2016 11:41 AM (#826422 - in reply to #826388)
Subject: Re: dammaged huges river

thanks gino
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)