Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: " If you don't like how I work...well quit and go elsewhere "
- (Added by: Cody)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> powder coating magnum blades

Message Subject: powder coating magnum blades
Multispecies
Posted 4/30/2016 2:54 PM (#815646)
Subject: powder coating magnum blades

Hey, just wondering what people prefer when powder coating magnum blades. Do you like spraying or dipping your blades better? Also how are you heating them up? I just tried to spray a few and did not like how they turned out. I tried heating them with a heat gun and it seemed like I could not get the hot enough to have the paint adhere so had to heat with a torch. Any help or suggestions would be great.
Multispecies
Posted 4/30/2016 8:55 PM (#815660 - in reply to #815646)
Subject: RE: powder coating magnum blades

Well I guess like everything in life to get good at something you need practice. So I tried dipping some and that is not the way to go since it puts to much powder paint on the blade. I did spray some more and did get better the more I did. What I found out its just takes practice to figure out how much heat to apply to the blade. If I ever take pictures I will post since they are turning out better now.
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 5/1/2016 12:26 PM (#815694 - in reply to #815660)
Subject: Re: powder coating magnum blades

Thanks for posting this, I was about to ask the same question. The smaller blades I tried dipping didn't work very well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)