Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Your not fishing close enough to structure if you don't get snagged once in a while
- (Added by: FishingFool)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Epoxy drying

Message Subject: Epoxy drying
Turkeyt
Posted 11/10/2015 6:28 PM (#792076)
Subject: Epoxy drying

Would like some info on any good epoxy and whether you need a lure drying wheel and if so what type motor and rpm is needed? I have been using Devcon 30 minute but, it seems to chip easy. Thanks
Mace
Posted 11/10/2015 11:32 PM (#792113 - in reply to #792076)
Subject: RE: Epoxy drying

I have been tinkering around a good bit lately with some smaller jerkbaits and have had my share of trial and error. Let me say a few things that have helped. A turned is almost a requirement. Seems like 2-3 rpm are almost ideal. I used a grill rotisserie that I purchased brand new from lowes for around $30. I have only used envirotex, and it seems to do real well. I took the advise of others on here and poured it out onto a paper plate covered in aluminum foil once it was mixed. This helped get rid of most of the air bubbles. I added a light bulb to my turner to help regulate the heat. I might try and place a heating element of some sort in with the turner but far enough away to keep from bubbling the baits. Hope this helps.
Turkeyt
Posted 11/13/2015 5:52 PM (#792410 - in reply to #792076)
Subject: Re: Epoxy drying

Get you a heat gun to get rid of the bubbles after mixing your epoxy in your mixing cup. I use one after I apply my epoxy to get any out too. Harbour Freight has them cheap.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)