Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Teach me about fall fishing

Message Subject: Teach me about fall fishing
chasintails
Posted 9/25/2015 12:22 PM (#786005)
Subject: Teach me about fall fishing

So after stepping down from coaching High School Football for the last 14 years. I'm realizing that I have a lot to learn about fall muskie fishing. I've been playing this game for a while now, but never was able to spend much time fishing in the fall. So Pre Turnover cooling water should I be looking shallow? Big Baits this time of year? I've heard of Minnesota muskies moving to reed's this time of year. Is something similar happening on waters without reeds? Should I be targeting weeds or rocks? Or checking both. I know fish want to bulk up for the winter, but what strategies have you used in the past that worked. Thanks for all who reply with helpful answers. Have a great day.
Obfuscate Musky
Posted 9/25/2015 12:30 PM (#786008 - in reply to #786005)
Subject: Re: Teach me about fall fishing

If your in MN I would search shallow weed edges, reeds, shallow rocks and shallow sand. Topwater and blades. I would start with big blades and if that's not working use speed with a showgirl really fast for a reaction strike. If that's not working sometimes a topwater gets um riled up. Nothing still go check the breaks or in the middle of the jungle.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)