Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Fall muskies

Message Subject: Fall muskies
past.the.cast.mike
Posted 8/21/2015 5:44 AM (#781368)
Subject: Fall muskies

I've fished muskies in the fall a few times, and have done alright. I prefer summer fishing weedlines, rock shoals and islands. I've heard muskies tend to go deeper in the fall is this true and what's the reason? I assume they would be in the deep water near their summer spots?
Kirby Budrow
Posted 8/21/2015 8:10 AM (#781380 - in reply to #781368)
Subject: RE: Fall muskies

past.the.cast.mike - 8/21/2015 5:44 AM

I've fished muskies in the fall a few times, and have done alright. I prefer summer fishing weedlines, rock shoals and islands. I've heard muskies tend to go deeper in the fall is this true and what's the reason? I assume they would be in the deep water near their summer spots?

It totally depends on the lake or region you are fishing. Here in N. MN, fish tend to move deeper off the structure...but not always. They may be actively feeding right on top of the structure when the bait is there. I've caught muskies in late november right in the weeds, all the way out to 20+ feet off humps. Find the bait, find the muskies. The one major change for me is bait presentation. I fish slower normally with bigger baits.

Edited by Kirby Budrow 8/21/2015 8:11 AM
past.the.cast.mike
Posted 8/21/2015 8:32 AM (#781382 - in reply to #781380)

Thanks for the reply, some good info.
happy hooker
Posted 8/21/2015 8:46 AM (#781384 - in reply to #781382)

Ptcm
Search out and find a copy of Tony Rizzos "secrets of a muskie guide 2" this book is a bible for season recognizing,tactics, and questions,,,takes you through an entire year month by month and water temperature in case a year is not typical.
This book NEVER leaves my bathroom,,,
Can be hard to find a copy but this book is worth- whatever you have to pay!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)