Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Cold front in the heat of summer

Message Subject: Cold front in the heat of summer
guggd2868
Posted 8/19/2015 1:00 PM (#781094)
Subject: Cold front in the heat of summer

Here in SE Wisconsin, the water temps have been hanging around 80 degrees. The water temp is obviously too hot for the fish's comfort because they are routinely sitting in the colder, deeper water at this time of year. We are forcasted for a pretty major cold front in the next day or two. Air temps are supposed to go from a high of 85 to a high of 68. Would this cold front during the heat of summer bring the fish up shallower and make them more active? From what I've read on cold fronts, they usually slow down fishing. If the fish prefer the colder water, why would a cold front slow down fishing? If I go out tomorrow night should I try the shallower weed lines or the deeper drop offs?

Thank you!
curleytail
Posted 8/19/2015 8:25 PM (#781183 - in reply to #781094)
Subject: Re: Cold front in the heat of summer

My experience is if the water is too hot for long periods of time, at the depths at which "good" structure is at, the first big cold front can bring them up shallower and they'll be hungry.

If they have good stuff out in deep water and plenty of suspended food out there, they'll be more likely to stay out deep, but no doubt at least some fish will move up shallow.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)