Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Wabigoon Report?

Message Subject: Wabigoon Report?
Missouri Wayne
Posted 7/30/2015 9:35 PM (#778519)
Subject: Wabigoon Report?

Will be at Wabigoon in about two weeks. Anyone have current fishing reports?
Thanks.
sworrall
Posted 7/30/2015 10:18 PM (#778528 - in reply to #778519)
Subject: Re: Wabigoon Report?

We will by Tuesday afternoon.
beaglerr
Posted 8/4/2015 9:00 AM (#779026 - in reply to #778519)

went JUly 4th week and I boated 7 muskies on blades.Didnt fish that hard. Came back to the states and had my hip replaced 2 days later, so you know I wasn't fishing all day. Sworrall is staying where I did, sure to have a nice report
redfinjim
Posted 8/8/2015 5:24 PM (#779652 - in reply to #778519)

You do any good up there, Wayne? Water still as clear as my Brandy Alexander? Hehehehe - I've got a story about that lake....
beaglerr
Posted 8/9/2015 7:53 AM (#779679 - in reply to #778519)

funny thing about that water clarity. took 2 trips to the goon this year for a total of 3 weeks.Couldnt believe how clear the lake was. 3 foot visability easy. Terry Kluke said its been clearing up the last 2 yrs and he hopes it stops. That color keeps the muskie super shallow
MstrMusky
Posted 8/9/2015 9:15 AM (#779683 - in reply to #779679)

beaglerr - 8/9/2015 7:53 AM

funny thing about that water clarity. took 2 trips to the goon this year for a total of 3 weeks.Couldnt believe how clear the lake was. 3 foot visability easy. Terry Kluke said its been clearing up the last 2 yrs and he hopes it stops. That color keeps the muskie super shallow

Same thing has been happening a bit on Eagle Lake in the mid section. Anyone have any idea what could be gong on up there?
redfinjim
Posted 8/9/2015 11:08 AM (#779693 - in reply to #778519)

We'd camp on the western shore of Wabigoon before the Ministry made a rule that only residents could camp near the shore. I also heard a story many years back about an individual (who'll remain anonymous) that had a possible world record muskie on in Wabigoon and eventually lost it. In his frustration, he threw all of his tackle overboard, drove his boat back to the trailer, and drove home where he promptly shot and chopped holes in his boat.
Anyone else hear that story?
Natureboy
Posted 8/9/2015 10:32 PM (#779748 - in reply to #779693)

redfinjim - 8/9/2015 11:08 AM

We'd camp on the western shore of Wabigoon before the Ministry made a rule that only residents could camp near the shore. I also heard a story many years back about an individual (who'll remain anonymous) that had a possible world record muskie on in Wabigoon and eventually lost it. In his frustration, he threw all of his tackle overboard, drove his boat back to the trailer, and drove home where he promptly shot and chopped holes in his boat.
Anyone else hear that story?

I can only hope that this story is true, so that I know there's another individual out there that would act just as innapropriately as I would in that situation!
Nick59
Posted 8/10/2015 7:05 AM (#779755 - in reply to #778519)

Sounds like the guy was golfing.
SWilliam
Posted 8/18/2015 10:32 AM (#780930 - in reply to #778519)
Subject: RE: Wabigoon Report?

Any news from the goon?
Missouri Wayne
Posted 8/22/2015 4:34 PM (#781562 - in reply to #780930)
Subject: RE: Wabigoon Report?

Four of us fished Wabigoon from 9/15 for 6 days and did not boat a muskies. Saw maybe three. Water has 6 inch visability, wind changed direction every couple of days and blew so hard that you could not hardly control the boat sometimes. Sometimes the wind was mild and there was blue skies. Fished from one end to the other. Dinorwic was the same. Butler had maybe two feet of visability. Took most of the day one day to boat two pike of decent size below the slot to have for dinner. This quality fishing was after spending a week on Lac Suel and only catching one fish, a 48 two hours into the first day. Rest of the week was no fish.
Did see a photo of a 56 that had been boated on Wabigoon less than two weeks before. Great looking fish.
beaglerr
Posted 8/27/2015 9:01 PM (#782235 - in reply to #778519)

That dang weather can sure ruin a trip . I made a 2 week trip to the Goon at the end of may and had fantastic weather and catching. Muskie guys are missing out waiting for the season to open. Caught several muskie those 2 weeks throwing 1/2 ounce spinnerbaits.80 fish days counting smallmouth,walleye, northerns and muskie.Funny thing, we were only ones at Merkels the last week of May, then they were booked up 1st week of June.Nobody on the lake in May with fishing being fantastic.Went up for another week 1st week in July. I boated 7 muskie. Going back up right after labor day to get on them big pike and some lake trout. No ,the goon doesn't have any trout but Terry Kluke takes me to a lake in the bush for them. Third trip this year and its a 1000 miles one way. Something keeps me going back
Reef Hawg
Posted 8/27/2015 10:16 PM (#782239 - in reply to #782235)

beaglerr - 8/27/2015 9:01 PM

That dang weather can sure ruin a trip . I made a 2 week trip to the Goon at the end of may and had fantastic weather and catching. Muskie guys are missing out waiting for the season to open. Caught several muskie those 2 weeks throwing 1/2 ounce spinnerbaits.80 fish days counting smallmouth,walleye, northerns and muskie.Funny thing, we were only ones at Merkels the last week of May, then they were booked up 1st week of June.Nobody on the lake in May with fishing being fantastic.Went up for another week 1st week in July. I boated 7 muskie. Going back up right after labor day to get on them big pike and some lake trout. No ,the goon doesn't have any trout but Terry Kluke takes me to a lake in the bush for them. Third trip this year and its a 1000 miles one way. Something keeps me going back

Dang, never thought of that. I'm probably missing out, waiting for deer season to open too. Had three bucks in my backyard this afternoon.
beaglerr
Posted 8/28/2015 9:09 PM (#782332 - in reply to #778519)

lol, you do have to wait for deer season to open. I can catch an out of season muskie by accident,
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)