Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Criminal Bowfished Muskie from Pa. Lake

Message Subject: Criminal Bowfished Muskie from Pa. Lake
Cody
Posted 5/17/2015 6:58 PM (#769139)
Subject: Criminal Bowfished Muskie from Pa. Lake

I just read a post on MI50 website of a Idiot that illegally bowfished a 29.5 lb. Muskie out of Lake Marburg in Pennsylvania (Whereas this is illegal) and then was stupid enough to post an Instagram pic of himself holding the fish. The PFBC. with the information supplied by a MI50 member brought justice and an arrest I am told of this Creep. Good work by the MI50 member and PFBC !

Edited by Cody 5/17/2015 7:00 PM
ToddM
Posted 5/17/2015 7:25 PM (#769141 - in reply to #769139)
Subject: Re: Criminal Bowfished Muskie from Pa. Lake

I cringe a little when I see bowfishermam. Not saying they are all illegally hunting but when their options are carp and gar and they are on musky water in Illinois and Indiana makes you wonder if they have taken that shot.

Edited by ToddM 5/17/2015 7:26 PM
susky musky 32
Posted 5/17/2015 9:42 PM (#769154 - in reply to #769139)
Subject: RE: Criminal Bowfished Muskie from Pa. Lake

Yeah sadly this lake is 20 min from my house! Great musky fishing up there and some of the biggest musky caught in PA come from this body of water! Just wish I was there to catch this SOB!!! there would have def. Been 2 arrests. How stupid can people be? On the good side of this is that the game officials had about 50 calls put in about the incident. And I hope they throw the book at him so more like him don't even think about doin something so dumb and reckless! I too cringe at the site or even thought of morons doin this. I hope every like minded individual will take a good long look at this case and never attempt it! Beautiful fish and very healthy lookin too. Just the day before there was a post on Facebook that showed a 14 yr old boy holding a 49 incher out of the same lake and released to catch again. Hopefully by someone else for the fish of a lifetime! Can't wait til I can get a chance to get up there and fish it myself. There is a great musky fisherman named Lee Snyder who wrote a book called "Monsters of the Abyss" it's all about the trollin techniques he's used over the years to catch sum absolute monsters out of Lake Marburg. If anyone gets a chance you should check it out. Very detailed and I know Lee himself would be disgusted with this sort of thing happenein on his home water! Hope we never c it again!
FAT-SKI
Posted 5/18/2015 1:44 PM (#769253 - in reply to #769141)

ToddM - 5/17/2015 7:25 PM

I cringe a little when I see bowfishermam. Not saying they are all illegally hunting but when their options are carp and gar and they are on musky water in Illinois and Indiana makes you wonder if they have taken that shot.

-----

My co-worker and good buddy of mine is a bow fisher. He has brought me out a few times over the last two season. Man! That is some awesome stuff at night! Most of the guys in this sport are pretty good about "playing by the rules". Even in our sport there are bad eggs and people that think they are above the law, or better then the resource or what have you. All I know, is when I get to old to toss pounders. you better believe I'll be switching to bow-fishing big carp... cause man that is SOOOOO much fun.

that said. While fishing musky last year, my buddy caught a 33" pike on a bucktail I made and that fish had a piece of the arrow and a little rope still inside where the wound was... and the wound was fresh. So, either some Dbag braking the rules on purpose. or realized he shot the wrong species and tried to let it go the best he could. Either way, the fish lived to eat another day. yes I am sure it happens. But probably not more often then the regular Dbags breaking the rules and keeping under seized musky or clubbing them like baby seals because "they are eating all the walleye"
Cody
Posted 5/18/2015 7:29 PM (#769282 - in reply to #769139)

Susky Musky 32 I too know Lee very well and really liked reading his book ! Lee would be very upset knowing this dirt ball killed the fish illegally. Marburg is a fun lake to fish and there are some monsters in there of many species. Glad there are responsible sportsmen who turned this creep in. Good Luck to you fishing there too !!
susky musky 32
Posted 5/18/2015 7:45 PM (#769283 - in reply to #769282)

Yeah man appreciate it! Ill def have my eyes peeled for stuff like that when I do finally get up that way! Good luck this year bud!!!
esox911
Posted 5/18/2015 8:47 PM (#769295 - in reply to #769283)

We Bowfish all the time--It is definitely a Blast !!! to bad about the SKI---Nice size fish like that take so long to produce---Hopefully they get a tip and catch the Fool !!!
And to all those who hate the Bowfishing--I can introduce you to several Local Wisconsin residents---Who purposely Keep every legal musky they catch from their home lakes so they can reduce the population---as sad as it is to Us who love to catch and release these fish---Many, Many others feel differently---and some LEGALLY do what they can to thin the population... to each their own is how I have come to look at it--all types of fishing and all types of fish. Season starts for me next week--can't wait !!
susky musky 32
Posted 5/21/2015 9:33 PM (#769758 - in reply to #769139)
Subject: RE: Criminal Bowfished Muskie from Pa. Lake

I just wanna say that I don't think all bowfisherman r bad or that it's not fun. I think anyone should be able to do whatever they wanna do as far as outdoors and what each person prefers as long as it's done within the laws of the area! I no a bunch a guys that head down to Ocean city MD n bow fish stingrays and skates and it does look like it would b a neat deal to get into! But I'm a musky guy and everything we do to try n protect out fish and then some bonehead goes and does this where it it illegal! Here in PA your allowed to harvest one musky a day of legal size and as much as I would hate to see it I would not object to someone keepin a legal fish! It is their rite by law! But it's just gotta b done the rite way and it does fire me up when you c people just dont play by the rules and kill a super nice fish like that! To me that would b a PB wich I no longer have a chance at! That's all I'm sayin! And if your on this website you already no how #*^@ hard it is to catch one in the first place without people takin em illegally!
Cody
Posted 5/23/2015 2:32 PM (#769868 - in reply to #769139)

I couldn't agree more ! It burns my arse when some low life takes from us then brags about it. Hope he gets made an example of by the courts.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)