Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Indian lake Chain

Message Subject: Indian lake Chain
Mudpuppy
Posted 4/22/2015 10:36 AM (#765942)
Subject: Indian lake Chain

Need some help Musky friends,

I want to take my grandson for a week of Musky fishing. He has the fever real bad and caught his first musky last year on LOTW. (38") I have heard this is a good action chain and Indian Lake Lodge seems like a good spot after viewing their website.

Questions:

Has anyone have experience on Indian Lake chain?

Has anyone had experience with Indian Lake Lodge?

Thanks in advance for your replies Mudpuppy
kdebell
Posted 4/22/2015 10:43 AM (#765943 - in reply to #765942)
Subject: RE: Indian lake Chain

I stayed there when I first start musky fishing and caught my first fish there. I believe we where there in late June and there was a terrible mayfly hatch going on so fishing was tough. I was also very inexperienced at the time.

The lodge was great. At the time they had a fish fry one night for the guests and the cabins were nice. There is also a nice game room there. Things may have changed in 12 years, but that was my experience.
Propster
Posted 4/22/2015 12:22 PM (#765954 - in reply to #765942)
Subject: Re: Indian lake Chain

We fished the chain a couple times when my son was younger and we brought my dad. It's fun fishing. I'll send you a PM with some contact info and I can try to help you out.
BillSelf
Posted 4/22/2015 8:08 PM (#766009 - in reply to #765942)

Good chain and nice lodge. I wouldn't hesitate going there for a numbers trip. Canyon Lake is another good numbers fishery with several lodging options. Little Vermilion by Sioux Lookout is a great numbers fishery with a remote feel but the only lodging on the system is Fireside Lodge. Really nice place with great owners but very $$$$.
honkermusky
Posted 4/23/2015 9:05 AM (#766170 - in reply to #765942)
Subject: Re: Indian lake Chain

Was up there about seven to eight years ago. very good numbers like everyone above has stated. many fish between 37 and 42. biggest fish our group got up there was a 46. still a fun trip and the walleye fishing was decent.
Lorin
Posted 4/24/2015 1:25 PM (#766460 - in reply to #765942)

Mudpuppy: send me a message with your email address. I can provide you with info on the Indian Chain.

Lorin Nevling
Musky Brian
Posted 4/25/2015 10:27 AM (#766617 - in reply to #766460)

If you wanna go up that way I would suggest Canyon Lake over Indian...similar numbers but bigger fish potential on canyon
EC Matt
Posted 4/28/2015 3:03 PM (#767041 - in reply to #765942)

Fished it annually from 2004-2009, usually in late September. Indian Lake Lodge was great and we always had some action. The musky fishing seemed to slow as the years passed. Talked to a guy that fished it this past year after not having been there for 10 years. He thought the numbers were down as well.

Worth a try, but also keep an open mind and compare to some other options.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)