Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Sent an e-mail....and Got a Reply!

Message Subject: Sent an e-mail....and Got a Reply!
Beaver
Posted 4/10/2015 4:20 PM (#764366)
Subject: Sent an e-mail....and Got a Reply!

How many times have you sent e-mails to people in gov't. and never heard back from them? Most every time, I would guess. Well I got a response to an e-mail that I sent and it was eye opening, to say the least.
I contacted a couple of Game Wardens because the 2015 regulations don't specify that a disabled permit holder can only use an electric motor to troll. One warden said that he wouldn't cite me based on the language in the regs. The other took longer to get back to me, and he said that the disabled permit itself stipulates electric motor.
So one told me to get the necessary paper work for my doctor, while the other said, "Don't bother, you'll be trolling by June 15th anyway". This confused me even more, so I fired off an e-mail to the woman who heads up the disabled hunting/fishing board asking her opinion and telling her it was stupid and impossible to troll with an electric motor, besides being dangerous if you're trying to do it from the bow.
Well son of a gun, if she didn't call me back a week later! She said that the board had met and that my e-mail was a topic of discussion. That made me feel good, but the answers, or lack of them, was a portrait of politics in action.
EVERYONE on the board agreed that it was stupid to limit trolling to an electric motor. At the same time she said that they also agreed that if I did it, I might get beat up at the boat landing because of the touchiness of the whole trolling issue. She said the topic might come up at the spring hearings. She added that anglers and hunters alike all agree that we should try to keep hunters and fishermen and women in the woods and on the waters for as long as we can, because God willing we might all find ourselves unable to continue to do what we love as we get older or if something happens to us.
Catch 22....Do you want to help disabled anglers in a way that they can stay active in fishing for as long as they can? Sure! Yes! Who doesn't want to help?
Should disabled anglers be allowed to troll with an outboard motor? HELL NO! ARE YOU CRAZY? THEY"LL FISH OUT THE LAKES BEFORE THEY DIE!
This was the gist of my conversation, and I must say that I will be writing more e-mails in the future, because apparently some of them get read.
ToddM
Posted 4/10/2015 4:31 PM (#764370 - in reply to #764366)
Subject: Re: Sent an e-mail....and Got a Reply!

I wear headgear 24/7. You can never be too careful.
tmohler
Posted 4/10/2015 11:23 PM (#764440 - in reply to #764366)

Catch and release only till June 15?
LakeErieFishMan
Posted 4/13/2015 2:50 PM (#764688 - in reply to #764370)

ToddM - 4/10/2015 5:31 PM

What the hell does this even mean or have anything to do with the post? Lol
sjb42
Posted 4/13/2015 3:17 PM (#764695 - in reply to #764366)
Subject: RE: Sent an e-mail....and Got a Reply!

I take it you called Wis DNR, it seams like theres a lot of misunder standing about the new trolling regs. I would wait until June 15 and see if they got it worked out,you could be cited. It seems like every time someone asks a warden the same question they give a different answer. Which in turn adds to the confusion. Now that their might be trolling allowed in Northern Wisconsin some people think that it will turn into a meat hunt. Where is most fisherman I think that its just another way to fish. For me I fish whatever way the fish want to bite and if its legal on the body of water Im on.
ToddM
Posted 4/13/2015 5:44 PM (#764718 - in reply to #764688)

LakeErieFishMan - 4/13/2015 2:50 PM

A re read of the original post and so.e carry over from other similar debate on the issue may reveal my response.:-)
ChinWhiskers
Posted 4/13/2015 6:24 PM (#764723 - in reply to #764718)

Spring Conservation meeting going on in Wisconsin to night go to it if you can.
ChinWhiskers
Posted 4/13/2015 6:31 PM (#764725 - in reply to #764718)

ToddM - 4/13/2015 6:44 PM

LakeErieFishMan - 4/13/2015 2:50 PM

A re read of the original post and so.e carry over from other similar debate on the issue may reveal my response.:-)
ID get headgear and a vest
Gipper
Posted 4/13/2015 8:09 PM (#764738 - in reply to #764718)

This is how you get more than 10,000 posts. Look over similar posts on the subject to get your meaning? I'm on it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)