Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Focusing on the BIG lake

Message Subject: Focusing on the BIG lake
bryantukkah
Posted 3/24/2015 1:39 PM (#761258 - in reply to #761092)
Subject: Re: Focusing on the BIG lake

Yes and yes. The idea there with a downrigger ball and a trusted graph is that you can get an idea if there are fish where youre at without actually having them bite. If you keep getting follows on the graph and no takers, break out the big rubber and go back and cast at them if you want.
tr7
Posted 4/7/2015 2:37 AM (#763715 - in reply to #760531)

No pro here and by no means an expert, but I think chasing em' in unknown waters would be awesome. Having knowledge that there is any type of population in the areas you are considering would be worth exploring in my opinion, especially knowing the caliber of fish that the Great Lakes produces. I can't speak to the down rigger thoughts, but as mentioned earlier trying to follow them out of the river systems by trolling would be a place to start. Once you've located fish you can cast or jig for them. Who knows maybe you uncover the next LSC or Green Bay. Certainly not a waste of time though.
Chemi
Posted 4/8/2015 9:20 PM (#764108 - in reply to #763715)

I remember reading somewhere that, "back in the day" (late 1800s and early 1900s IIRC), they used to commercially fish for muskies in the Maumee Bay area...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)