Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Fibertech

Message Subject: Fibertech
tbaatz
Posted 2/17/2015 10:32 AM (#754330)
Subject: Fibertech

I want a replica made but don't want to wait 10 or more months to get it. Fibertech in Nisswa says he can do it in 4 to 6 weeks. Has anyone used or even heard of this place? I know all about Lax and Fittante and have seen their work which is exceptional but at my age 10 months is a long time - - - -
happy hooker
Posted 2/17/2015 10:58 AM (#754333 - in reply to #754330)
Subject: RE: Fibertech

I had him do a northern for me and it turned out very good,,,hes been a speaker at ours and others muskies Inc chapters.He's a great guy very reasonable and fast,want your fish to be bigger he doesn't care, he says he even does follows he gets paid by the inch. Did he show you his repo of Pamela Anderson ???
However he just doesn't do muskies like Lax or FIttante the painting by these two is just a lot nicer. The northern I had done was 42 inches with driftwood and he had it done in 5 weeks and I don't want to say the price because I got a muskies Inc discount. You will get a nice mount but if I ever get my 55 plus IM gonna go Lax or Fittante u
smada
Posted 2/17/2015 1:35 PM (#754359 - in reply to #754330)
Subject: Re: Fibertech

I have never even heard of Fibertech and have no experience with them, so I'm not any help there. But, in general, there is a reason why the other guys have such long wait times, and that's because they are worth it. Taxidermy is something I believe is well worth waiting for and spending a little extra on. This is something you will likely own the rest of your life, and there is no reason to cheap out or get impatient. I waited 14 months for my mount from Fittante, and it was completely worth it, and I am as impatient as they come.

Edited by smada 2/17/2015 1:36 PM
tbaatz
Posted 2/17/2015 2:46 PM (#754377 - in reply to #754330)

Thank you both - I agree if I were to ever get a true trophy the time spent waiting on the mount would be inconsequential - This fish at 52.5xx24 was good but not great and probably not the kind of thing my daughters would cherish - Frankly although big it was a rather ugly fish and I've seen several on a certain NE Minnesota lake that dwarfed this one. If the muskie gods were to ever reward me thus I would take a different approach - I SHOULD LIVE SO LONG - - - -
happy hooker
Posted 2/17/2015 4:39 PM (#754410 - in reply to #754377)

Fibertech used to do all the Minnesota fishing/outdoor shows including the muskie expo but he got so much biz and word of mouth referrals he didn't need to anymore.
Jason Bomber
Posted 2/20/2015 6:13 PM (#755181 - in reply to #754330)

I have one I got done last winter.. The fast turnaround was why I chose him even without really any reviews I could find..
I'm happy with it, and would get another if I catch something huge.

If you search around you can probably find some footage from a tv show a few years back that had him on and it showed a bit more than his site does. Kinda busy now and I'm not at my computer, but I'll try posting a pic later..
Yooper Padre
Posted 2/20/2015 6:33 PM (#755184 - in reply to #754333)

happy hooker - 2/17/2015 10:58 AM

However he just doesn't do muskies like Lax or FIttante the painting by these two is just a lot nicer.

Lax does other species. He's done a largemouth and and a smallie for me. The painting on the smallmouth was fantastic.

Fr. K
KARLOUTDOORS
Posted 2/21/2015 3:41 AM (#755232 - in reply to #755184)

Yooper Padre - 2/20/2015 6:33 PM

happy hooker - 2/17/2015 10:58 AM

However he just doesn't do muskies like Lax or FIttante the painting by these two is just a lot nicer.

Lax does other species. He's done a largemouth and and a smallie for me. The painting on the smallmouth was fantastic.

Fr. K

As does Fittante. two walleyes due for delivery shortly.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)