Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> torn between reels..

Message Subject: torn between reels..
sworrall
Posted 11/21/2015 11:08 PM (#793533 - in reply to #793532)
Subject: Re: torn between reels..

Match the reel for the use, match the price as well, and if there is a problem, the reel should be under warranty. If it's used you buy then any reel is a crap shoot unless a service guy has recently looked it over.

Besides, he's looking at a 'new' reel, so he should be looking at a Beast or S in the ABU line.

The NACL has a great reputation, as is obvious from many other posts here. I have a dozen, use them hard, and didn't break any yet. So...

I also have a few Revo Toro models in service. Had to have one repaired last year. Didn't cost me a nickle.

I have had 4 Shimano reels I 'broke' over the last few years, 5 if I include a spinning reel. I sent them in and got them fixed, didn't cost me a nickle, and if I was using your parameters, I'd be hollering about Shimano quality. Nope. Fine reel by a great manufacturer who stands behind the reel build. Same with ABU.

I have an ABU I have used for 30 years with no issues. So is that a 'better' reel than the Shimano?

Define 'higher quality parts'.

Blanket statement, not even close to reality, and not going to fly here. We already addressed this once, and won't again. It's also covered in our posting permissions, and I bet you have seen those, too.

So I am not the least bit confused. Both builders make fine reels. The rest is 'brand loyalty', and you will find arguments from both camps.

Daiwa too. And Okuma. And so on.
Pointerpride102
Posted 11/21/2015 11:22 PM (#793534 - in reply to #741386)

Seen it mentioned once, a saltist would suit your needs. They're fairly cheap on eBay.
WiscoMusky
Posted 11/21/2015 11:23 PM (#793535 - in reply to #793533)

You made fair statement and brought up some great points.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)