Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> St. Croix vs Musky Innovations

Message Subject: St. Croix vs Musky Innovations
Muskymaster95
Posted 9/2/2015 4:42 PM (#782893)
Subject: St. Croix vs Musky Innovations

Ok guys so this question has been burning a hole in my head for like a week now. I'm looking for a new rod to fit my Revo Toro Winch 60 on. Atm I'm going to use it for everything... Till tax time but after it will be mainly for bull dawgs, bondy baits, and double 10's. I've narrowed it down to 3 rods that I've heard all good things. The MI 8'6 XH, the St. Croix Mojo Musky 8'6 XH, and the St. Croix Priemier XH 8'6. I would like at least 8'6 of rod keep in mind. But I was just wondering what all your opinions are on the 3? The pros the cons etc. I'd appreciate any positive feedback, THANKS.
Cloud7
Posted 9/2/2015 4:59 PM (#782896 - in reply to #782893)
Subject: Re: St. Croix vs Musky Innovations

The Mojo and the Premier you are looking at are essentially the same rod. They have the same blanks, components, and warranties. I can't remember off the top of my head if the split grip handle of the mojo is slightly longer on the back end than the full grip handle on the premier (as is the case in the split vs. full grip lengths on the Legend Tournament), but essentially those two rods are the same. The only differences in those two rods are 1) The Premiers are made in Wisconsin as where the Mojo's are made in Mexico. 2) The Premiers cost a bit more than the Mojos due to where they are produced and because they use more cork on the Premiers. 3) Appearances: Black Full Grip Premiers vs. Purple Split grip Mojos.

Just throwing that out there for future reference. Good Luck.

C7
muskiehunter51
Posted 9/3/2015 1:55 PM (#783027 - in reply to #782893)

I would go Mojo, but I have no MI experience. Also on a side note, I dont think a winch for buuldawgs is a solid plan. Just my 2c
tundrawalker00
Posted 9/3/2015 2:45 PM (#783035 - in reply to #782893)

I like my 8'6" Mojo for mags and it will handle pounders. I'm not the tallest guy at 5' 7" and the blank catches me alongside the ribs when I'm jerking big rubber in. If I had it to do over again, I'd get a full grip instead of a split grip, which means going Premier. I think if you're 5-10 or 6' maybe you wouldn't have that problem because the cork butt would be in your armpit/ribs. Other than that, I love the rod.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 9/4/2015 2:03 PM (#783211 - in reply to #783035)

I would get the 8'6" XH Musky Innovations Pro series. I have used these rods for 7 seasons and have beat the crap out of them never even had a cracked guide or eyelet on them. You can throw a very wide range of baits with it from Bulldawgs to crankbaits, bucktails, spinnerbaits and top waters. Tons of clients buy them from me after using one for the day. They are very good rods at a good price.
Thanks,
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
achotrod
Posted 9/4/2015 3:18 PM (#783222 - in reply to #782893)

I had a MI select 8'h prefer my St Croixs by miles over them. Maybe the higher end rods are nicer but they use the same blank. Premier 8'XH was an awesome all around stick but not nearly as nice as the LTs if you can swing it.
Ronix
Posted 9/4/2015 3:32 PM (#783223 - in reply to #783222)

the new 8'6 XH premiers have a longer handle as well as the Fuji palming reel seat used on the LTs, held one the other day in the store and really liked it. That would get my vote
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)