Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> merging waypoints without overwriting

Reply New post
Message Subject: merging waypoints without overwriting
RyanJoz
Posted 5/23/2018 8:19 AM (#907072)
Subject: merging waypoints without overwriting

I currently have Lowrance Gen 2 (non touch) units in my boat. Dad and I are going to a new area in Canada where a friend of mine has fished for several years. He has sent me a file with waypoints marking hazards, weeds, and some productive areas.

Is there an easy way to upload the .gpx file to my units without overwriting my current waypoints? I would like to renumber his waypoints so I do not overwrite the ones I currently have on my units.

My lowrance uses USR files and the file I received is a GPX file.

Thanks
mtcook16
Posted 5/23/2018 9:07 AM (#907077 - in reply to #907072)
Subject: RE: merging waypoints without overwriting

Figure out how to convert the new waypoints to .USR snd create a folder on your computer and copy the waypoints in there. Then, go onto your unit and copy/export your existing waypoints onto an SD card and then add them to the file folder on your computer.

Now you should have a file folder with your existing waypoints and your buddy's waypoints inside. Copy those waypoint files to a single SD card and upload into your unit. You will now have all of the waypoints on your unit.
RyanJoz
Posted 5/23/2018 9:35 AM (#907080 - in reply to #907077)
Subject: Re: merging waypoints without overwriting

having both files will prevent the numbers from being the same?
mtcook16
Posted 5/23/2018 11:48 AM (#907104 - in reply to #907072)

It would be advised to keep copies of the waypoints on the SD cards, just in case. However, I've done the same procedure before on HB and have not had an issue. I do not recall off-hand how it addressed waypoints with the same name, but I believe it just referenced the coordinates and didn't seem to matter that they were under the same name.

So yes, you may have WP001 and WP001 located in two different areas of the lake, because of the merge.

Edited by mtcook16 5/23/2018 11:49 AM
pklingen
Posted 5/24/2018 8:49 PM (#907255 - in reply to #907072)

on my 2 HB Helix 10's i downloaded the wp's from my bow unit on an sd card then loaded them onto my helm unit. now there are double numbered waypoints as mentioned above, no problem for me to see where they are at. although i have the units connected and they do share wp's i didn't want to run the front unit when i'm trolling from the helm and just using the unit there. works great!
RyanJoz
Posted 5/25/2018 10:25 PM (#907340 - in reply to #907255)

I have both units networked so they share everything.

I was able to load the gpx file directly to one of the units and the waypoints transferred to both displays. It was a lot easier to upload the gpx file than the usr file since I didn’t have to choose a version of usr.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by RyanJoz 5/25/2018 10:25 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)