Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Ranger Dealer Northern IL/Southern WI

Reply New post
Message Subject: Ranger Dealer Northern IL/Southern WI
musky23
Posted 12/19/2014 9:10 AM (#744751)
Subject: Ranger Dealer Northern IL/Southern WI

Looking for some info on dealers. What to purchase a new Ranger this year. Looking for experiences people have had with dealers. Feel free to PM me

Thanks
Mike
R code
Posted 12/19/2014 9:56 AM (#744758 - in reply to #744751)
Subject: Re: Ranger Dealer Northern IL/Southern WI

Bedford sales in Morris IL I talked with them when I was shopping for my new Lund they were very good people to talk to. Also you should go to the boat shows next month.
Clammer
Posted 12/19/2014 9:59 AM (#744759 - in reply to #744751)

Bought my Ranger years ago from Bedford Sales in Morris, IL. Very nice experience, but again, a long time ago. Have since gone to MW marine in Hales Corners (SE Milwaukee) for various parts and such They have been extremely helpful and great to work with. Good luck on your search
Paul S
Posted 12/19/2014 10:13 AM (#744762 - in reply to #744751)

FYI- Ranger Boats and Bedford Sales are going to be at the Boat Show in mid January.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 12/19/2014 10:54 AM (#744770 - in reply to #744762)

Quam's Motor sports in Stoughton WI sells Rangers and Tuffy's I have bought Tuffy;s from them for over 20 years, Few friends of mine bought rangers there and have been very happy. They are a great bunch of guys and will treat you well.
Quam's 608-873-3366
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
ToddM
Posted 12/19/2014 12:36 PM (#744790 - in reply to #744751)

Bedford is the third largest ranger dealer. Been around along time I have known Sam since I was young. Excellent service.
double J
Posted 12/20/2014 9:57 PM (#744903 - in reply to #744751)

Last winter when Ranger ran their winter time specials I bought my boat from Quams up in Madison. I got the 618T and love the boat perfect for me. As for my experience I couldn't be happier, I mostly talked with Roy Quam, its a family dealership. Roy did the rigging and he did an amazing job everything just as I asked, unless there was a better idea then he asked what I thought and if I wanted to try it out. I had a trade in and that went amazingly smooth I dropped off the boat left it there and the following week towed my new boat home. To save time they ordered locators and trolling motors and mounted them before I even gave a down payment. I haven't had any problems, but the questions I had Roy answered even after the sale, if unavailable was called right back. I would buy my next boat from there with out hesitation.
musky99
Posted 12/21/2014 1:53 PM (#744959 - in reply to #744751)
Subject: RE: Ranger Dealer Northern IL/Southern WI

I bought my last 619 from Bedford. Was once a good dealer. I cannot recommend them anymore. Last time in 3 years ago I had extensive work done and was negotiating for a new rig. To say Sam was mean and nasty was an understatement. Talk about a crotchety old man. He was so bad several of his employees stepped up and apologized for there owners actions. Needless to say I will not give that guy a dime of my money ever again. I looked at a new rig last year at Ben Watts and was impressed with his knowledge and customer service. I decided to go a different route and not make the purchase. But when I'm in the market for a new Ranger he is going to get my business.
vegas492
Posted 12/22/2014 8:36 AM (#745033 - in reply to #744751)

I bought my Ranger from MW 5 years ago. It was a really easy process and I felt like I got a really good price. I've had to go back a few times for different parts and they put rails on the boat and I couldn't ask for any better service than what I've received.

Certainly look around, and include MW in your search.
RangerRon 620 DVS
Posted 12/22/2014 2:34 PM (#745065 - in reply to #744751)

musky23 - 12/20/2014 8:10 AM

Looking for some info on dealers. What to purchase a new Ranger this year. Looking for experiences people have had with dealers. Feel free to PM me

Thanks
Mike

Bought my Ranger years ago (2003) from Bedford Sales in Morris, IL. Very nice experience, but again, a long time ago. Have heard that he is hard to deal with. I think that Sam has had heart problems over the years. That may be the reason that he acts like a Grizzly Bear. The medications will make people that way, not trying to make excuses for his actions but Sam isn't a bad guy. Good luck on your search and Buy a Ranger 621FS FISHERMAN this rig is truly Driven To Dominateā„¢. Experience the unparalleled smooth, dry ride and water-crushing strength. This a boat of a life time.
Briguy48
Posted 12/22/2014 10:51 PM (#745135 - in reply to #744751)

Bedford sales -HA! They had a 1760 tuffy on consignment there. Went to look at it as it was wired for 2 electronic units.. 1 dash one on bow.. He told me the price said it didn't come with the 1 unit on the dash, that it didn't have it. I ended up finding the exact same boat for sale online through the actual owner and contacted him.. told him they were basically trying to take the units and sell the boat. He pulled it from consignment after many emails back and forth and we bought the boat off him. That's great business if you ask me.. the owner of the boat was very unhappy to say the least. The unit was worth around $1,000 and we bought the boat for 17k dealer was asking 22 without. Never again
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)