Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "you've just been wooki'd"...Perc
- (Added by: Big Perc)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Message Subject: A civil discussion....Please!
Junkman
Posted 11/3/2014 4:14 PM (#738330 - in reply to #738324)
Subject: Re: A civil discussion....Please!

If Vegas 492 (and company) can make that happen, I will donate up to five St. Croix Legend Tournament rods as raffle prizes to give away at the rules meetings for the first 5 events. A great idea....a SE Wis./N Illinois trail. Maybe Fox Chain early and late, and Madison and Pewaukee in the middle! All to benefit Muskies Inc. Stocking--- Sweet!

(p.s. I know what I'm doing here..when my winning streak finally kicks in, I'll probably win ten in a row and be laughing all the way to the bank. It's just a matter of time!)
vegas492
Posted 11/4/2014 8:32 AM (#738394 - in reply to #737551)

Wow. That is very generous, Marty! Hopefully we can make it happen!
TonyT65
Posted 11/4/2014 11:18 AM (#738426 - in reply to #737895)

I like esoxaddict idea for payout , makes catching one little guy and getting paid something worthwhile ..
MartinTD
Posted 11/5/2014 9:23 AM (#738559 - in reply to #737551)

*Utilize a point system (like most tournaments and leagues) that rewards teams for larger fish caught.

Junkman
Posted 11/6/2014 8:19 AM (#738684 - in reply to #737551)

Thanks a lot guys! I think this helped, and I think anybody watching learned "transparency" is the key (like any sort of honest dealing.) I was at Smokey's getting suckers yesterday morning, and you'd have thought it was a national musky holiday from work. Everybody was talking to me about this thread and hopeful of good things to come. I felt good about it. Also heard from the guy wanting to start a new trail around here (his name is Nate Seiburt) and he said he's heard the comments "loud and clear." I wish him good luck too! Last thought: it's going to get colder now, slippery, and dangerous...wear your PFD and keep an anchor on the deck resting on your throw cushion...be safe...catch a monster!
Kevin Mahlberg
Posted 11/6/2014 3:03 PM (#738738 - in reply to #738684)

Timely results during or after a tournament are much appreciated by those who fish or follow the tourneys. Speaking of which, what were the results from November 1st tournament on Pewaukee Lake?

As far as the "new kid" and seeking advice. Feel free to contact myself or any of the others originally involved in the original Ironman when it had a very loyal following, paid back over 100%, had a 50 inch poool, and was completely transparent where and how the money was distributed.
Umt
Posted 11/10/2014 2:09 AM (#739310 - in reply to #737551)
Subject: RE: A civil discussion....Please!

In response to all of the comments in the civil discussion that has been going on: My name is Nate and some may know me from fishing the area lakes, local tourneys or maybe a friendly conversation as to how your day was in the parking lot after a long day on the water or u may not know me at all. Either way I am the guy who junk man was talking about who will be starting the new tournament trail next year. I just want to say sorry for not making a statement earlier last week but unfortunately I lost a family member and was not able to chime in. I will say that I appreciate all of the suggestions that have been made! The new trail will be call Ultimate Musky Trail or Ultimate Musky Tournament Trail I will be purchasing name this week. Guys or girls who ever will be reading this and commenting on it we all have something in common... We have a passion for musky fishing, we are competitive, or like the comradery in the tournaments we have all fished in. Oh yea who doesn't like to win some $$$$! My goal is to build the tournament to be as transparent as possible, as fun as possible, and to have as many payouts and as big of payouts as possible. I have some sponsors lined up already i just have to sit down with them and finalize a few things. And I will not stop with them so u know, if u have any suggestions for sponsors please give me your input. The reason why I say this is the more sponsors I can get the less $ that would have to come out of the winnings, I want as much in there as possible for everyone. I am going to have liability on the tournament which will have to be paid for as well as a 50" fish prize (prize tbd depends on policies) more than likely $10,000 fish. Now I already know in the state of wi the dnr does not require it but this tourney will have it. It's not a bad thing guys that everyone is protected on the water as well as myself who will be working hard to build our trail into what we all want it to be, and if it doesn't come out of your pockets what's the problem? (copy of insurance will be displayed at shows, and rules meetings). A copy of the policy for the 50" fish will be provided as well. NO MONEY WILL COME FROM U to fish for $10,000 every tourney. A copy of the payout structure will be given at awards ceremony to every boat there so everyone can see where money is going out to and will be posted on trail website. Everyone I have the drive to make a competitive fun trail and with your help we can do it together. The response I have gotten so far outside of here has been very good and hopefully it will continue to grow. I have more ideas and with yours together we should be able to eliminate any negative that could comme. Talk to you guys soon. Oh yea sorry this is so long just wanted to put my thoughts out there lol
Lumpy
Posted 11/10/2014 1:16 PM (#739391 - in reply to #739310)

What bodies of water are you looking to hold this trail on? Focusing on SE WI, or WI statewide?
Umt
Posted 11/10/2014 1:41 PM (#739398 - in reply to #737551)

Southeast Wisconsin at first and then working in northern Wisconsin and fox chain. And Kevin I do appreciate your offer to help in anyway we have met a couple times and I know u were a big part in the iron man and any advice I will take it
Lumpy
Posted 11/20/2014 9:43 AM (#740896 - in reply to #737551)

Could you give insight into how many events you were thinking about, dates, bodies of water, etc...
Lumpy
Posted 2/12/2015 12:16 PM (#753282 - in reply to #737551)

I emailed Nate/UMT a few weeks back to see if this series he was starting is going to happen, and the status of it. I never heard back. Anyone know if this is happening or not?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)