Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: 'Oh my GOD!! I GOT one!! The #!&#*&% thing is going to get away!! #$^%!! It keeps jumping!! Sue Worrall, first muskie.
- (Added by: sworrall)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Message Subject: 2014 Championship Open--Pewaukee Lake, Sept. 27
vegas492
Posted 9/2/2014 12:30 PM (#728228)
Subject: 2014 Championship Open--Pewaukee Lake, Sept. 27

Looking for a fun cash payout tournament? How about the 2014 Championship Open on Pewaukee Lake, September 27, 2014. Sponsored by Milwaukee Chapter of Muskies Inc.

Here is how it works. Entry fee is $125 for a Muskies Inc. Member. $175 for a Non-Member. (Membership is about $30/annually) 2 entrants per boat. Membership in ANY Muskies Inc. club will get you the member pricing.

Casting tournament with one line per angler. One extra line may be used for live bait. Maximum of 3 lines per boat if the boat has two fishemen. Maximum of 2 lines per boat if the boat has but one fisherman.

Total release tournament. Judge Boats to measure and score fish.

Start time is 5:00 at Smokeys Muskie Shop for the rules meeting. Ease out from Smokeys starts at 6:00. Fish until 4:00. Payout at Smokeys after the event.

1/3 of all entry fees and goes to the club for stocking/seminars...etc.
The rest (2/3) is paid out at 4 places. Half of the pot goes to the first place team. Then half of what left goes to second place. 2/3 of the remaining pot goes to the 3rd place team and the remainder goes to the 4'th place team. More boats, more payout.

For more information and for an entry form, please see the website at www.milwaukeemuskiesinc.com.

Or, shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the brochure and entry form.

Thanks much!

Edited by vegas492 9/2/2014 12:33 PM
jdsplasher
Posted 9/29/2014 6:37 AM (#732316 - in reply to #728228)
Subject: RE: 2014 Championship Open--Pewaukee Lake, Sept. 27

A special thanks goes out to; Geoff, Nancy, Petzkes, and whoever else helped with the work of this tourney!!!

JD

vegas492
Posted 9/29/2014 8:18 AM (#732330 - in reply to #728228)
Subject: Re: 2014 Championship Open--Pewaukee Lake, Sept. 27

You are welcome, Jim. One other person was very involved with this tournament too, Mike Phelps.

Results:

11 teams entered and fished for about $2,000 of winnings. It was decided to pay out the top two finishes so that the payout would be better.

First Place: Team Koepp and Dembeic. Mike Koepp boated a 41 and a 42 to score the victory for his team.

Second Place: Team Eickhorst and Schlaht. Eric pulled a 36.5 incher for second place.

Also scoring a fish was the team of Forman and Weber. Marty got a nice 36 incher.

I believe that every team that entered went home feeling like they could have won. Many fish were seen, many fish were lost.

Although we may not have had a large field, I'll tell yah, we had some great fishermen in this thing. Even got Nick from Illinois up for the event and I hope to fish a tournament by him next year.

Big thank you to everyone who fished and I hope it was fun for everyone.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Eickhorst 36.5 (2).jpg)

(Forman 36 (2).jpg)

(Koepp 41 (2).jpg)

(Koepp 42 (2).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Eickhorst 36.5 (2).jpg (112KB - 251 downloads)
Attachments Forman 36 (2).jpg (97KB - 270 downloads)
Attachments Koepp 41 (2).jpg (81KB - 243 downloads)
Attachments Koepp 42 (2).jpg (98KB - 256 downloads)
Junkman
Posted 9/29/2014 9:42 AM (#732355 - in reply to #728228)

Was totally happy to see this new tournament! Sure, it was a smallish turn-out, but everybody knows, "Rome wasn't built in a day." This one's going to grow and be a terriffic boost to the wonderful stocking efforts done by the dedicated guys and gals of the Milwaukee Chapter of Muskies, Inc. A great first effort. Naturally, the July weather, sunshine and temps kept the fish total low, (and allowed Koepp to show off his bare chest) but I believe next year's event is likely to turn out to be a real "fish factory." Thanks again guys!
Mikes Extreme
Posted 9/29/2014 12:47 PM (#732391 - in reply to #732330)

Very fun tournament and well run. Was nice to see a bunch of good sticks get together and fish to raise money for our Milwaukee of muskies inc.

Some of the rules were questioned by some (trolling and live bait 3 lines) but in the end, the way it was set up was best, for the majority.

Everyone wanted to make this tournament appealing to most anglers so we could get more anglers to fish it. I believe this tournament will be around for a while.

Maybe we can also try a trolling tournament in july and maybe a sucker tournament in later october.
We know the Iron man tournament is dying out so this might replace that void.

Remember this is a fund raising tournament for the area lakes and our Milwaukee Chapter of Muskies Inc
Thanks Bob, Nancy, Mike and Geoff for your work and time getting this set up.
Lumpy
Posted 9/30/2014 11:59 AM (#732597 - in reply to #728228)
Subject: RE: 2014 Championship Open--Pewaukee Lake, Sept. 27

Great tournament, and looking forward to it growing in future years. Money was raised for stocking, all competitors shared beers and stories of the day afterwards, and a few guys went home with some money. Congrats to Mike and Jim.
sworrall
Posted 9/30/2014 10:28 PM (#732725 - in reply to #728228)

Sounds like a complete success!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)