Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Fishing is not a hobby, a hobby is something you do in your spare time
- (Added by: kevin)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Message Subject: Frank Schneider Memorial Muskie Tournament
terry
Posted 7/22/2015 8:09 AM (#777284)
Subject: Frank Schneider Memorial Muskie Tournament

I was just looking at the dates for this year Frank Schneider and see that the MWC walleye tournament is on the same days on Cass lake looks like it’s going to be a busy place. Thought i pass it on for everyone that fish Cass. Terry
MuskyKarma
Posted 7/22/2015 11:42 AM (#777330 - in reply to #777284)
Subject: RE: Frank Schneider Memorial Muskie Tournament

Wow, that sounds terrible. Cass will be a zoo that weekend
jchiggins
Posted 7/22/2015 12:11 PM (#777336 - in reply to #777284)
Subject: Re: Frank Schneider Memorial Muskie Tournament

It's happened before. Not a big deal.
Pointerpride102
Posted 7/22/2015 3:34 PM (#777357 - in reply to #777336)

jchiggins - 7/22/2015 12:11 PM

You're wrong, it's the end of the world (as we know it).
jchiggins
Posted 7/22/2015 4:08 PM (#777361 - in reply to #777357)

Pointerpride102 - 7/22/2015 3:34 PM

jchiggins - 7/22/2015 12:11 PM

You're wrong, it's the end of the world (as we know it).
You're right!!!! We're definitely switching lakes.
Jmeyers
Posted 9/4/2015 8:00 AM (#783141 - in reply to #777284)

Hey all,
here is some info regarding the up coming Frank Schneider tournament...

AIS Boat Inspections

2015 regulations require that each boat participating in the Frank Schneider tournament be inspected for aquatic invasive species at an official inspection location during the week prior to the tournament before it is put into any tournament waters for fishing or pre-fishing. The ONLY exception is if the boat has been in the same body of water you will be fishing and nowhere else for a minimum of 30 days prior to the tournament or any pre-fishing.

Included in the confirmation information mailed to each participant is a blue Boat Inspection Card. Please fill out your portion of the card and have the inspector at the official inspection location you use fill out the other portion. If the inspector indicates that your boat must be decontaminated, please have the decontamination location fill out the portion in the lower right-hand corner when that is done.

Most popular fishing/recreation lakes throughout the state have inspectors at the boat ramps. If you go boating/fishing during the week before the tournament or Labor Day weekend, take the card with you and have the inspector at the ramp complete the card when you pull out. If your boat is in the driveway, take the time to have it inspected before you drive to the tournament area or before you pick up your tournament packet on Thursday, September 10.

No tournament buttons or packets will be released without a completed blue Boat Inspection Card.

Tournament Area Inspection Locations

Beltrami and Hubbard counties anticipate having inspectors at convenient locations Labor Day weekend and Thursday, September 10.

Cass County will have inspectors until 5 pm September 10 and 11 at the main Woman Lake access on County Road 5 and at Walker City Park.

The DNR?has an inspection/decontamination unit daily at the Cass Lake access just east of town on Highway 2 at the rest area entrance. We anticipate that DNR units will also be located at Gull Lake just off Hwy. 371 at County Rd. 115 and just south of Garrison on Hwy. 169 at the Garrison Wayside, until 5:00 pm on Thursday for the convenience of those tournament participants who will be driving up from the Twin Cities area. If you come up on Hwy. 6 there is a private unit in Emily at the Ruth Lake public access at Mill Rd., open M-Th 12-4 and F-S-S 8-4.

Keep checking the DNR website at www.dnr.state.mn.us/invasives/watercraft_inspect/courtesydecon.html for other DNR locations in your area.

Other inspection/decontamination units in Cass County are at:

Muskie House Marine (1.6 mi. north of Longville on Hwy. 84) M-F 8-5 and Saturday 9-3
Northwoods Dock and Service (1.7 mi. north of Hackensack on Hwy. 371) M-F 9-5
Walker Marine (Walker) business hours
Outing Township Hall (north of town on Hwy. 6) F-S-S 8-6
We encourage you to pre-register for the tournament. If you want to wait until Thursday, September 10 to register at One Stop or Reed's, we anticipate that Cass County will have inspectors at the Woman Lake access at Longville and in the Walker area. The schedules will be out later this month. Keep in mind, however, that they will only be inspecting until 5 pm.

Contact tournament director, Eric Bakke - 612-202-7169, who will be able to direct you to other inspection sites in the area.

For a copy of the AIS Inspection card, click the following site: http://twincitiesmuskiesinc.org/sites/default/files/images/Boat%20I...
jchiggins
Posted 9/4/2015 8:40 AM (#783145 - in reply to #777284)

^^^^^ thanks for the info
Pointerpride102
Posted 9/4/2015 12:55 PM (#783202 - in reply to #783145)

If anyone needs help finding somewhere for an inspection, please feel free to give me a call at my office 218-739-7576x259

I'm out of the office until Tuesday. If you don't get me directly leave me a message and I'll get back to you. I will be updating the DNR decon location page on Tuesday to add in our Cass Lake dates.
pistolpete314
Posted 9/14/2015 7:13 AM (#784357 - in reply to #777284)

Any updates on this?
pistolpete314
Posted 9/15/2015 12:22 PM (#784584 - in reply to #777284)

Info on thorne bros facebook page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)