Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I have never done any good in this section" Five minutes later "Oh there is one coming right there"
- (Added by: Turkeyt)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Club Information and Announcements -> Looking for your traveling trophy ideas

Message Subject: Looking for your traveling trophy ideas
muskellungecw
Posted 10/11/2016 6:09 PM (#833046)
Subject: Looking for your traveling trophy ideas

Our club is having great success with our leagues (spring league and fall league). We have a traveling trophy for our spring league but are now in the process of coming up with an idea for a fall league traveling trophy. I did some investigating at a trophy/awards place but they didn't seem to have any options for a muskie sculpture to incorporate with it.

I'm very interested in your ideas for a fall muskie league traveling trophy. We'll consider any ideas, but cost is going to be a factor.

One thought I had was to cut out the shape of a muskie with some size, but not too big (maybe 25-30 inches long?), engrave our club logo in it, and then screw on the standard metal plaque plate that would be engraved with names.

If any of you have traveling trophies you're using that you like, I'd be interested in photos of them.

Hopefully one of you out there is creative.

Thanks for your help.

Muskellunge Club of Wisconsin
http://muskiewi.org
wallygator
Posted 10/12/2016 9:17 AM (#833099 - in reply to #833046)
Subject: Re: Looking for your traveling trophy ideas

Hey Doug
We have been doing that for about 14 years.. We have a 40" cut out painted like a musky and The club name painted on it.
The winner gets to keep it for the year and we write the winners name on the back. Not so good with adding photo's
Wally
14ledo81
Posted 10/12/2016 9:39 AM (#833105 - in reply to #833046)
Subject: Re: Looking for your traveling trophy ideas

I think it would be neat to have a trophy for something else as well. Something for a bit of fun.

For example, my dad used to go on a pike trip to Canada every spring. The group he went with had a large Daredevil as the traveling trophy. My dad was notorious for trading (many times unsuspecting guys) crap lures. One year they presented him with the "half-ass tackle" award. It was half a toilet seat with quite a few of the lures he had traded to guys over the years on it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)