Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Night Fishing Ban for Muskies in MN

Message Subject: Night Fishing Ban for Muskies in MN
MuskyFlyGuy
Posted 11/21/2014 6:17 PM (#741136 - in reply to #741124)
Subject: RE: Night Fishing Ban for Muskies in MN

Josh,
Thank you for spending so much time in organizing and setting up this event. I appreciate your understanding of the muskie fishery and how you help people understand what we all must to to maintain and expand it. I have sent an email to Natalie.
Tom Keith
joshb
Posted 11/21/2014 6:43 PM (#741138 - in reply to #741124)

Kap - the email address I posted for Natalie above is correct. But, I did notice I had misspelled it on previous posts. I went back and edited it just now.

Thanks to those of you who showed up with boats tonight even though we could not get out.

I have one favor to ask of everyone . . . as I said in my last post if you have not done so already please send an email to Natalie Brown of the Minneapolis Park Board (preferably sometime before 10 PM today) but this weekend might work might work too.

The email can literally be two sentences.

“Dear Natalie,

My name is and I am contacting you to let you know that I planned to attend the Friday night fishing event on Lake Harriet until I heard the lake froze up and the event was cancelled. Please note my intentions to come and include me and my boat in any counts statistics you may be recording for the event”

Natalie’s email address is [email protected]

If you want to, you can add additional comments about how you would like to see the landings remain open for night fishing all the time as they used to be rather than once a year and/or include alternatives to locking the ramps with a chain and lock.

If you plan to send additional comments you may also want to include Deb Pilger [email protected] and Brad Bourne – Park Commissioner District 6 [email protected]

I let Natalie know that we were expecting around 75 boats tonight and I wanted some way for the park board to tally or recognize how many people care about this and planned to attend. She said if we email her, she will keep a tally and communicate the total to the park board as well as myself. Please don’t let me down.

If you know any of the guys who showed up with boats tonight or called earlier in the day. Please make sure they email her as well so they can be counted. (Not sure anyone was counting phone calls or boats that showed)

Thanks everyone.

I think we really made a difference today. Keep those emails coming!

Josh
TomL
Posted 11/22/2014 2:06 AM (#741165 - in reply to #741138)

Josh, Thanks for generating awareness, and organizing the support for these important topics! Also, thanks for getting everyone involved in Fridays fishing event. We really appreciate your efforts.

Protecting our lake from invasive species is important, however I, and others that fish the lakes, have been very frustrated by the hour restrictions.
It is no fun getting off of work, rushing to the lake, and then having to watch the clock the whole time.
We deserve a relaxing time, not another "time clock".
The time restrictions force us off the lake at "prime time". Example: Must be off of the lake by 8pm in September. What???

We are not sure what the best overall solution is yet, but the city won't explore other solutions until we stand up for ourselves. Protecting our lake from invasive species is important, but the existing solution will only get worse. The city will evaluate times next year, and cut back on hours again. When money gets tight, hours or days will get cut.

I suggest we consider our wants and needs, and start making requests.
Here are some examples... Please share "your" ideas...
1. Expanded hours throughout summer till 11pm
2. Expanded hours in September till 11pm
3. Your ideas?...
This, of course is still not acceptable in the long term, but if we don't request more now, they will take more from us. We should strongly request our changes for THIS Coming Year or they will try to postpone it.

All of us who are aware of these topics, please help spread the word. We all have busy lives, but it will take all of us to pitch in just a little, to make the difference.

Please support by sending a respectful, but serious email to the multiple city leaders expressing our frustrations.
Ask for the expanded hours, or your own request.
It is best to be specific rather than general. (example: 2015 Summer hours May-Sept till 11pm, or Saturdays & Sundays open at 5am?)
Thanks - Tom L

Email To:
Park Commissioner District 6 - Brad Bourne: [email protected]
Deb Pilger - [email protected]
Natalie - [email protected]

Edited by TomL 11/22/2014 4:23 AM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread