Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> North West Wisconsin

Message Subject: North West Wisconsin
Cloud7
Posted 10/23/2014 4:49 PM (#736361)
Subject: North West Wisconsin

Hey all,
I'll be heading out Saturday to one of a couple lakes near my parent's house (Sand (Cumberland), Rice Lake, Big Sissabagama, Bone, or Wapogasset/Bear Trap). I'm fairly familiar with all of those lakes from years of summer fishing them, but I've never had much luck in the fall, and I'm especially concerned knowing we're approaching or possibly looking at lake turnover in that area.

Just wondering if anybody has heard anything or had any luck. I'm taking a first timer out and would like to be able to show them a good time. We'll be casting and soaking suckers.

Thanks,

C7
kjgmh
Posted 10/24/2014 8:01 AM (#736464 - in reply to #736361)
Subject: Re: North West Wisconsin

Have not been hearing much last couple of weeks. Suckers are scarce in the Rice Lake area. I had heard Indianhead in Cumberland had some last weekend. If worried about turn over might try Rice or Trego, but I think most lakes are a couple of weeks past. Sis is a non-trolling lake so soak suckers at your own risk.
Cloud7
Posted 10/24/2014 9:05 AM (#736476 - in reply to #736361)
Subject: Re: North West Wisconsin

I bought some from Tim (Indeanhead in Cumberland) last week, he'll try to keep the suckers stocked through the season, they get shipments in on Thursdays, but I have other places I can stock up on the way.
I've thought about Rice, I fished it only once last year, it was pretty weedy, but I suppose by now some of the weeds shoudl be dying off or laying down. I know I've heard of some really good fish caught on it.
I'm aware of the laws regarding Siss and the Sawyer county trolling regs, but the good thing about Siss is the structure is so pronounced that I don't feel bad about posting up on a spot while casting and hanging suckers. Plus when I move I have a seperated livewell I can throw them, so it's not as giant of a hassle.
Jacko
Posted 10/24/2014 10:32 AM (#736495 - in reply to #736361)
Subject: RE: North West Wisconsin

I would try Bone, I have had great days there in the fall on suckers. I would be fishing 8'-12' all the classic spots points, rock bars, weedlines. Was out on Big Siss last week for 10hrs...missed a 38" on a suick right away in the morning. No other sightings the rest of the day. We had two suckers out the whole time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)